F.R.Z. (Free Roam Zombies) v0.8 (Spawn REAL Zombies in Freeroam)

F.R.Z. (Free Roam Zombies) v0.8
Created by nclok1405
Download: FRZ_v0.8.zip

frz_ss.png

Oh no! Sons of Samedi have unleashed their secret project: Zombies!

Also checkout F.R.Z. Cybercops edition, which will pit you against police force from 2077.

=== Description ===
This mod spawns zombies from Zombie Uprising during freeroam.
If you get caught, repeatedly push 1 and 2 keys at the same time to escape.

Special Thanks to MasakoTeam and CabooseSayzWTF for inspiration and info!

=== Known Issues and Limitations ===
* This mod does not spawn zombies during missions and activities because spawning zombies in these modes significantly increases the chance of crash.
* The density of civilian traffic and pedestrians are heavily reduced.
* Sometimes civilian vehicles disappear in thin air.

=== Install ===
To install, place "ultor_base.cts", "ultor_base.lua", "shops_sr2_city.cts", all *.xtbl files, and all *.anim_list files to optional_mod_stuff\1-MODDERS_-_PUT_YOUR_OWN_PERSONAL_MODS_HERE folder in Gentlemen of the Row mod folder.
Then execute "Create_Custom_GotR_v1.9.2.bat", create a patch (P), and copy everything inside the MY_CUSTOM_PATCH folder to your Saints Row 2 installation folder.
After that, copy the included "preload_anim.tbl" file to your Saints Row 2 installation folder.

=== Changelog ===
v0.8 (July 13, 2020)
* In order to improve stability, zombie spawning is now paused when the player is near a crib trigger, plastic surgeon trigger, or a clothing store trigger.

v0.7 (November 2, 2019)
* Added the big headless zombies. He is 3 times tougher than normal zombies. Unlike in Zombie Uprising he can grab you.

v0.6 (May 25, 2019)
* Added voice to the zombies.
* Added the rest of Zombie Uprising spawn navpoints to freeroam.
* The Acid Pool in the Zombie Uprising Area now damages the player, like in Zombie Uprising minigame.
* Added "shops_sr2_city.cts" and "shops_sr2_city.xtbl" which removes unused Store Ownership triggers that exist in Saint's Row and Stilwater Nuclear districts. This was required to make room for more navpoints and triggers.

v0.5 (May 23, 2019)
* Zombies can now spawn from "notoriety spawn locations", the locations used by police and enemy gang notoriety vehicles. By using these locations, the zombie presense is much more dense in most districts now.
* Added most of Zombie Uprising spawn locations to freeroam. CAUTION: SR2's hardcoded Navpoint limit has been hit! It is no longer possible to add more navpoints without sacrificing something else.
* Some zombies spawn with weapons when Samedi notoriety reaches 5.

v0.4 (January 17, 2019)
* Added *.anim_list files which load all Zombie animations in all districts. Zombies stand animation is restored and works everywhere, and they now have alternate attack animation (Horizontal Swipe). If you get caught and escapes, there are proper animations of throwing off a zombie.

v0.3 (January 14, 2019)
* Added more zombie spawns. Zombies now guard "warp to shores" locations and stunt jump locations.

v0.2 (January 12, 2019)
* You can now earn respects from killing the zombies because they are officially Samedi members now.
* Replaced zombie stand animation to a "walk" animation. The zombie stand animation is not loaded in some districts such as Airport so they were shown as T-pose.
* Added lots of zombie spawn points. Zombies now patrol CD locations and Hitman target locations.
* Removed zombie spawn near Saints Hideout and Aisha's House, because they made garage almost unusable.
* The mod no longer try spawning zombies in cutscenes, because doing so crashes the game.
* The mod is now disabled at missions and activities due to high chance of crashes.

v0.1 (January 10, 2019)
* Initial Release

Attachments

• FRZ_v0.1.zip
    19.5 KB · Views: 616
  • FRZ_v0.2.zip
    25.3 KB · Views: 538
  • FRZ_v0.3.zip
    26.9 KB · Views: 541
  • FRZ_v0.4.zip
    444.4 KB · Views: 695
  • FRZ_v0.5.zip
    423.4 KB · Views: 477
  • FRZ_v0.6.zip
    468.4 KB · Views: 600
  • FRZ_v0.7.zip
    470.3 KB · Views: 908
  • FRZ_v0.8.zip
    470.4 KB · Views: 1,126
Last edited:
Damn man, you are straight up killing it with these releases! I updated my original Open World Z mod thread with a huge text stuff, redirecting people to come here to try yours out!
Great job man!

FRZ v0.4 released. Zombies now have all of their Zombie Uprising animations (such as the Horizontal Swipe attack animation) thanks to the power of *.anim_list files. But be prepared to face with OVER 1000 FILES!

Curiously, the vanilla game had the Zombie Stand Animation (pml1_zm_sd.anim) already loaded in some districts such as Suburbs. (But not other zombie-related animations) This is why the stand animation was already working in v0.1 but only in some limited places. Was Volition once planned the freeroam zombie apocalypse mode via a cheat code...?

Last edited:
FRZ v0.4 released. Zombies now have all of their Zombie Uprising animations (such as the Horizontal Swipe attack animation) thanks to the power of *.anim_list files. But be prepared to face with OVER 1000 FILES!

Curiously, the vanilla game had the Zombie Stand Animation (pml1_zm_sd.anim) already loaded in some districts such as Suburbs. (But not other zombie-related animations) This is why the stand animation was already working in v0.1 but only in some limited places. Was Volition once planned the freeroam zombie apocalypse mode via a cheat code...?
There was going to be zombie based missions from the Samedi but were cut and zombie uprising was then added to replace it.

wow uhhh Hi. i'm here from saintsgodzilla and this inspired me to get back onto my steam account back to try this mod , i'm such a nerd for zombies , please if you see this would you consider it legit if I played activity's to earn some abilitys like errrr..... unlimited sprint or uhhh .... damage resistance from trail blazeing or is that strictly forbidin when playing this mod if your doing it the way it was meant to be played I was thinking of doing a bounty hunter kind of zombie slayer class aswell,,, this is a really interesting mod hope I can get some footage for my channel with a decent recorder.. take care...

wow uhhh Hi. i'm here from saintsgodzilla and this inspired me to get back onto my steam account back to try this mod , i'm such a nerd for zombies , please if you see this would you consider it legit if I played activity's to earn some abilitys like errrr..... unlimited sprint or uhhh .... damage resistance from trail blazeing or is that strictly forbidin when playing this mod if your doing it the way it was meant to be played I was thinking of doing a bounty hunter kind of zombie slayer class aswell,,, this is a really interesting mod hope I can get some footage for my channel with a decent recorder.. take care...
Ummm MrSaintsGodzilla showcased my zombie mod, not this one, but play whichever, they both do there part, Nclok is making a better version so keep your eye out for his updates!, but untill then I reccomend you play both, as his version has proper animation management that I could never figure out, and uses the actual zombie npc, wheras mine only used mesh swaps, animation swaps, etccccc.....

Regarding the upgrade status, that's completely up to you. I don't prohibit any play styles.
Footage? YES PLEASE! I don't have a powerful enough PC that can record videos, so any videos are very helpful.

Nice mod! I've been looking for a Zombie Uprising free-roam mod for ages.
One thing I've noticed in-game is the zombie and my character both t-pose when the zombie uses their grapple-bite animation. Is this supposed to happen?

Nice mod! I've been looking for a Zombie Uprising free-roam mod for ages.
One thing I've noticed in-game is the zombie and my character both t-pose when the zombie uses their grapple-bite animation. Is this supposed to happen?
Did you copy the "preload_anim.tbl" file to your Saints Row 2 installation folder, AFTER creating new GotR patch files? What district/location you encountered this bug?

v0.5 released. Zombies can now spawn from "notoriety vehicle" locations, so the zombie density is much increased.

Back