F-69 VTOL SRTT/SRIV Decals-Textures-Animations-Physics

I'm not sure if this helps, but I've found that dcl_saints_dlc_df.tga is referenced in sp_vtol01_saints.cvtf_pc and sp__vtol01_saints_0.ccar_pc, within the str2.
I opened them with a text editor, then searched for all references to .tga

Yes, my friend, I found the same things where it's referenced in the .ctvf_pc and the .ccar_pc, but no clue as to where that actual texture file is located.:confused:
Thanks for your help.:D

One day I will slow down enough to figure out what you need. That tga is in the peg always_loaded_veh.cpeg_pc/always_loaded_veh.gpeg_pc. You'll have to extract it from the peg and then inject a new one. (or get into the beta and make a new always loaded texture with the same bitmap name that is a higher resolution. :) )

Or you could inject it into the str2 of the vehicle if it is a higher resolution, but you'd probably blow the slot size.
How can one go about doing that ?:D
00f-69vtolsr3saintdecal_ll.png

I think that whomever created the Saints VTOL decals did an excellent job and I like them.:D
However, in the interest of modding, I would like to edit those decals to look like the image shown below.:cool:
000f-69vtolsr3saintdecal_lml.png

I have decompressed every .str2_pc file for the VTOLs and opened all their respective .cpeg_pc files and have not found the saints VTOL decals.:(

I have the full legal Steam version of SRTT & SRIV and have purchased the DLCs for them via my steam account.
So I ask you that since upon purchasing the Saints Special Ops DLC from steam, could it be that within the DLC unlock code for this DLC perhaps the file path for the saints VTOL decals could be in there ?

Last edited:
It's the always loaded peg for vehicles. You can find that in misc.vpp_pc.

I thank you sir for your help in the quest to find the mysterious location of the texture dcl_saints_dlc_df.tga:D
Is there someone there that might know where it can be found ?

I thank you sir for your help in the quest to find the mysterious location of the texture dcl_saints_dlc_df.tga:D
Is there someone there that might know where it can be found ?
I just told you, it can be found inside misc.vpp_pc in the file always_loaded_veh.cpeg_pc. Extract that peg and edit.

it can be found inside misc.vpp_pc in the file always_loaded_veh.cpeg_pc. Extract that peg and edit.
A million thanks to you sir Knobby.:cool::D
I found the file always_loaded_veh.cpeg_pc in the misc.vpp_pc.:D

Inadvertantly I was looking in the misc_tables.vpp_pc:eek::p:confused::oops:

Now to get it to load into the game with the edited always_loaded_veh.cpeg_pc:p

Thank you.;)

Glad you found it! I can't wait to see some mods!

I was able to edit the Saints VTOL decals texture ( dcl_saints_dlc_df.tga.DDS ) and got it to load into the game SRIV.

First I edited the texture dcl_saints_dlc_df.tga.DDS in GIMP to make an experimental version to see if the large decals can be made transparent by using the eraser tool so that the VTOL renders more chrome color and added some lines to see if they show up.
0000sanitsDecal_dl.png

Then I repacked the always_loaded_veh.cpeg_pc and the always_loaded_veh.gpeg_pc files and put them both into the
main default location --> C:\Program Files (x86) \Steam\SteamApps\common\Saints Row IV

And here are the results.
0000vtolsainytsnd_l.png

000vtolsaintsnd_l.png

000vtolsaintsnd2_l.png

I got it to work for SRTT and used the same .dds file dcl_saints_dlc_df.tga.DDS and repacked the always_loaded_veh.cpeg_pc and the always_loaded_veh.gpeg_pc files and put them both into the
main default location --> C:\Program Files (x86) \Steam\SteamApps\common\saints row the third

000asaintsvtol_llz.png

000asaintsvtol_lz.png

It's too bad that the texture file size is only 128 x 128 pixels.
It would also be nice if it were possible to double the texture file size and then be able to position them on the model where you want.
Is there a file that states the decals positions on the model ?

Last edited:
Back