F-69 VTOL SRTT/SRIV Decals-Textures-Animations-Physics

The F-69 VTOL that is in SRTT and SRIV is one of the sharpest aircraft ever seen in the gaming world and one of the main reasons why I purchaced these games. ( SRTT and SRIV )

I am a 3D modeler and have created a fleet of futuristic air/space vehicles inluding the object geometries, textures and flight physics.

So I have a few technical questions and inquiries regarding the F-69 VTOL.

1- Who designed, created and 3D modeled the F-69 VTOL ?
2- Is it possible to edit the decals and textures or is the SDK required to do so ?
3- Since the Saints F-69 VTOL already has decals, would it be possible to edit them as shown below ?
f-69vtolsr3saintdecal_ll.png

4-Is it possible to edit the textures of the F-69 VTOL to get these results shown below ?
F-69vtolsaintsrow.png

F-69vtolsaintsrow_b.png

f-69vtolvltbcity-1.png

F-69vtolsaintsrowlt.png

0sr4vtolvltrarf_FbLvl.png

5- What do you think about the above VTOL texture styles ?
6- If you could customize your VTOL how would you style the textures ?
7- When the SDK becomes available, would you like it to contain the tools needed to be able to fully customize the VTOL textures ?

Please post a reply and let us know.
Thanks.

------------------
A few technical questions regarding the F-69 VTOL spawning animation states in SRTT
that occur in Sunset Park after game completion ( STAG occupation ).

When the F-69 VTOL spawns in Sunset Park it spawns with it's
landing gears in an upright position and
it's wings are set in the straight level flight mode
while the rear upper intake doors are open as show below.
01sr3vtolstagparkspawn_Rs1Cp.png

02sr3vtolstagparkspawn_Rfl1Cp.png

8- Does the F-69 VTOL spawn like this purposely
or is it a spawning script glitch or oversight ?

While the F-69 VTOL is spawned in this state, if it is bumped
it will then transform into the normal spawn state as shown below.
( Which is also the state it is in after you have landed it and have exited it - all engines shutdown )
03sr3vtolstagparkspawn_Rflgd2Cp.png

9- Since the above spawning anomaly occurs,
is it possible to edit the F-69 VTOL code via it's
animation states or spawning states script files ( not sure which files they are )
in order to make it be in the state shown below ?
( Landing gears down, all wings straight, rear intake doors closed and canopy down )
04sr3vtolstagparkspawn_Rs1bCp.png

Thanks.

Last edited:
If I could then it would be pure white and yellow with this as the decal

If I could then it would be pure white and yellow with this as the decal

That is a nice logo, did you make it yourself ?
Below is an example of what it may look like.
vtol-yw_l.png

Below is an outline drawing of the VTOL that you can copy and use it as a template to design what you would like your VTOL to look like.

vtolOutLine_l.png

There are a few mods for SRTT and SRIV that enhance the ambient environment by adding helicopters that spawn in the sky and fly around in some areas of Steelport.

10- Is it possible to change the helicopter spawner to the F-69 VTOL and have them flying in formation as shown below ?
sr3vtoltffly.png

SR3vtolfrmfly3City.png

Would this involve using the vtol_flyby ?

I gotta admit you made a nice blueprint sheet. I've always wanted to put my own paintjob on my VTOL. :) Could you make such blueprint for AB Destroyer (Fairchild A-10 Thunderbolt look-a-like) as well?
Regarding your question, I'm not sure. If someone were to make traffic paths in the sky and put VTOLs there, then maybe it could work.

I've always wanted to put my own paintjob on my VTOL. :) Could you make such blueprint for AB Destroyer (Fairchild A-10 Thunderbolt look-a-like) as well?

I would like to see an example of your VTOL paintjob.;)
A blueprint of the AB Destroyer is in the works bro.:cool:

I'm sure that it would be safe to say that just about everyone likes the F-69 VTOL and have thought about retexturing it.

So for all of you creative artists out there that would like to show your ideas of how you would retexture it,
please copy the image below as a template and color it the way you think the F-69 VTOL could look like.
vtolOutLine_lll.png

Here's one example I made below.
vtoltiger_l.png

So in the interest of encouraging artistic creativity, show us how you would make the F-69 VTOL look.

I would do mine but I'll need to redo my own logo... it takes time. Do you organise a contest or are you just curious? :p

I would do mine but I'll need to redo my own logo... it takes time. Do you organise a contest or are you just curious? :p

My intention here is to encourage artistic creativity so that all of the talented people here have an easier way of showing what they would like thier F-69 VTOL to look like by using the outline drawing.:)

It's not a competition or contest, it's a way to see the many variables and texture styles that can be possible for the F-69 VTOL to look like and hopefully when the devs of the SDK see them, they can include the tools in the SDK to edit the F-69 VTOL textures.;):cool::D

Back