Enter the Dominatrix 'Director's Cut' DLC Heading to Saints Row IV?

Totally off topic, am I the only person that finds Angry Joe to be kind of obnoxious?

Oh no he is very much so obnoxious but I still gotta say he is usually on point in reviews and interviews, more so then any other reviewer I have come across, he is even a bit more harsh then me, gave SR2 a 9 out of 10, I agree with that, gave SR3 a 6 I think out of 10, I would have at least given it a 7.5/8. He seems to go more in depth then most if you can ignore his terrible acting/antics.

Oh no he is very much so obnoxious but I still gotta say he is usually on point in reviews and interviews, more so then any other reviewer I have come across, he is even a bit more harsh then me, gave SR2 a 9 out of 10, I agree with that, gave SR3 a 6 I think out of 10, I would have at least given it a 7.5/8. He seems to go more in depth then most if you can ignore his terrible acting/antics.

I think at worst I would have given Saints Row 3 a 7. I don't even really find it to be that dismal of a sequel, just a very underwhelming one. Saints Row 2 set a huge precedent on content in a game I'd never seen before, like its literally the equivalent of an Elder Scrolls game in a GTA setting. I absolutely adored SR1 as well, but SR3 at the end of the day just didn't deliver even as long a story as either was my biggest complaint. What was there however was bloody fantastic. Really, to me, the biggest improvements are the controls. SR3 is just infinitely more smooth and buttery to play than either of its predecessors for me... Despite minor things like not being able to drop dual wielded weapons.

Angry Joe is a great reviewer, and while I don't always agree with his opinions, and he can be quite obnoxious at times; you gotta give the man credit, he's passionate as all hell. I don't anyone else who is as passionate about the industry and its consumers as he is. That and his bluntness.

I dunno, Angry Joe has nothing on Yahtzee when it comes to reviewing games bluntly and honestly, not to mention he's also a bit more eloquent about it. Not to say Joe's stuttering has its moments, but I feel his reviews sometimes lack a little bit of polish in terms of reviewing his material before saying it.

I think at worst I would have given Saints Row 3 a 7. I don't even really find it to be that dismal of a sequel, just a very underwhelming one. Saints Row 2 set a huge precedent on content in a game I'd never seen before, like its literally the equivalent of an Elder Scrolls game in a GTA setting. I absolutely adored SR1 as well, but SR3 at the end of the day just didn't deliver even as long a story as either was my biggest complaint. What was there however was bloody fantastic. Really, to me, the biggest improvements are the controls. SR3 is just infinitely more smooth and buttery to play than either of its predecessors for me... Despite minor things like not being able to drop dual wielded weapons.

Most of the controls were much better in SR3 except for flying, I think they dropped the ball on that one.

Flying controls were the same as SR2 if you turned on the advanced flying controls option.

Most of the controls were much better in SR3 except for flying, I think they dropped the ball on that one.

Off topic

Control settings for SR3 on foot, in vehicle, and in aircraft were pretty easy and strait forward. If you play SR3 then go back to SR2 you'll spend a couple of hours mistaking brake/gas for fire/alt fire. You'll mistake fine aim for alt fire (which is a pain).

I do miss the ability to choose your fighting style that was in 2 (I like the Ronin & the Somdi styles from 2).
But SR3 did make up for it with custom beat downs and the running beat downs (nothing says hate like street surfing a rival).

I've got SR2 on the 360 (SR3 on steam for PC) and its fun to call up and beat the crap out Ronin, Somdi, or Brotherhood members with Tera P. and roll that sweet little ride (can't remember the vehicle name). It just sucks that alt 1 and alt 2 onfoot and in vehicle controls seem off for the 360 and the default is asstastic. And you can't map the individual buttons on the 360 (I've never tried to remap SR3's controls cause they just work, especially with a 360 wireless controller hooked to a Windows 7 box).

Both my 360 and pc are setup in my entertainment room and connected to a big screen so keyboard/mouse gaming on the pc is kinda hard. And to be honest with aircraft (the A10 or the vtol) its alot easier to LB (bank left) and then turn left -vs- turn left and RB (right rudder SR2) to keep you from going into the ground (also Knife edge barnstorming is a quick way to make some cash in SR3). Gas and brake for the aircraft default are a/b which I hate in the cars on SR2, but its not so bad on the aircraft (actually something better would be a set throttle to off/half/full on the planes then you could pay more attention to flying).

I'm hoping that SR4 will be long as hell game play wise (I'm actually glad they are bringing back the monster truck & giving it the SR3's tank option of pancaking vehciles). Would have loved to see some of the Red Faction vehicles and weapons (Gorilla or Armageddon) in SR3 or SR4 (but that is not going to happen due to THQ selling RF to another company, which kinda sucks as Saints Row tied into Red Faction, at least in Gorilla and then again in Armageddon).

Side thought: I wonder if you will be able to pick which kind of ammo you use in the weapons upgrade section of friendly fire? I would love to see the Genki Octipi turned into rounds for the air strike... ie turn a whole group into explosive followers :).

One thing that reviewer forgot. There are already superhero costumes in SR3 (lets pretend) the only thing missing was a cape (which it shouldn't be to hard to do a shirt with a cape then bring back logo's so you can put what ever on the chest of the shirt and on the back of the cape).

Actually Logo's was something I did miss in 3. That and some of the cloths on the female looked blocky in SR3. Most of the hills female shirts look funny/squarish if your female character has sex appeal set to 75% or higher with the muscular build.

One thing I would like them to do is ...
IF you buy the season pass (or what ever they will call the DLC combo kit) then you get ALL of the little DLC's.
I preordered SR3 (Amazon at the time) and got the DLC season pass as well, so I got the Genki rpg and the 3 main dlc's.
Then I purchased the shark attack, nyteblade, and invincible packs. The rest is just gave up on, cause I don't like to be nickel and dime'd for little things that should have been included.

SR2 was simple Ultor Exposed dlc, Unkut clothing and tat's dlc, and one other (can't remember its dlc name but do remember shooting endless amounts of mimes). That was it. SR3 had really small ones like the shark attack and the grenade launcher one that just were not worth it (could have been combines into one of the larger dlc's).

The one thing they never made available was the SR2, SR3 statues clothing set (halo, tail, and wings). That would actually be kinda fun with SR4's super powers (Naughty Angel of Hurt/Maim/nutcracker).

I'm Going back to lurking now... Y'al have fun now.

Back