DLC issues

This may not be the best place to ask about this, but I can't find anywhere in the Steam database or in any other forums how to download DLC after I've purchased it.

This may seem stupid, but it's a genuine problem I'm having. Nothing I do seems to work, and the button to "Install Games Now" that came with the receipt after purchase didn't do anything. The only 'help' I can find without creating yet another account for yet another forum to ask a single stupid question is how to view DLC for third party games (i.e. SRTT).

Help would be much appreciated, sarcastic or otherwise.

You don't download it. All dlc files are already part of everyone's install whether they own it or not. When you buy the dlc it simply flips a bit and allows you to access that content already on your drive. You automatically get an unlock message for any dlc packs when loading your save. You just have to be past level 3 where you get your first crib (Shaundi's Ex.)

Some people have reported that the mission dlc didn't activate for them until they exited and restarted Steam. This was on launch, so not sure if it still applies to purchases made today. It might be worth a try though before contacting Steam support.

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll try that.

It's incomprehensible how uselessly uninformative Steam support is outside the "create an account for this service that is associated with a service you already have an account for".

[edit] I wish they were clearer about that. I like the old school downloads, where you knew what you got, when you got it, and how it got there.[/edit]

Back