Disable Super Power Glow

View attachment 3512
So I found this annoying, saw some other people did as well. Looked through the table files and butchered some things until it went away. What I found was within matfx.xtbl, there is an effect named "superpower", I deleted the layer that actually contained a texture such that it's applying nothing whenever the effect is called and shouldn't be too mean to the game's process.

The sprint effect and jumps have a separate glow, but I like these, this just removes the texture applied over the player's body.

Edit: Added Screenshot for proof of function I guess.

Edit: If you wish to disable some further effects, you can get file to disable the energy twirl behind the super run here and Ziggy released a file to disable the tracers that flow behind the run, tracers off of hands and feet while jumping, and the side effect of disabling DFA crosshair, which can be found here. All three are compatible as each edits a different xtbl.

If anyone can release a method of getting rid of the purple radial effect of a charged super jump, you will bring joy to many.

Thanks to IdolNinja for being awesome, Minimaul for the tools, and Volition for the game

What glows exactly does this mod remove? Does this mod effect anything in game besides glow.

Quick separate release to remove Super Run effect, since people seem to what to disable all these things. To be honest, I'm fairly happy with most of the effects personally, so this isn't a huge priority, so when I hit road blocks I just go back to playing the game, but I keep coming back to poke at it some more. Getting rid of the purple ground effect is appealing to me, but this the one effect I have yet to see anywhere.

As far as the hair in all screenshots it's just the Butterfly Clip style, as much as I like a lot of the new hairs in IV, I have a hard time changing.
Edit: Shorts are actually the candy girl skirt.

View attachment 3587
Disable Super Run Energy Twirl
This just applies a scalar effect to the SuperRun to make it zero times it's ordinary size, thus hopefully making it invisible without increasing instability.
Thanks to IdolNinja for being awesome, Volition for the game, and Minimaul for the tools

Update 1.1 using effects.xtbl from latest patch as of 9/1/2013

Here's an additional file that you guys can use with this mod. It just removes the glowing tracers that appear on your hands and feet while you are in the air. It also removes the glowing tracer that appears behind you briefly when you start sprinting or change directions while sprinting.

Unfortunately, I can't find the file that contains the purple target and wavy ground that you see as you are charging a super jump. It isn't in effects.xtbl, matfx.xtbl, nor vfx.xtbl. That is the only other effect I am looking to remove.

DO these require further tweaks to be ported to Gat Out of Hell, or can they be installed there no problem?

I just got a new clothes mod and its all square glowing around the clothes which is a bit annoying. This seems to fix everything. So thanks for the mod.

Back