Dark Rain (weather mod)

Very good mod, so you have my thanks.
My only suggestion is, maybe you can also write short descriptions to optional files, because I am now kinda lost about what exactly those do.

Very good mod, so you have my thanks.
My only suggestion is, maybe you can also write short descriptions to optional files, because I am now kinda lost about what exactly those do.

Thank you, and I've now added some descriptions about the optional files and what they do on page 1.

Optional files and what they do.
The optional files give you the ability to customize Dark Rain the way you want.

Weather Effects - With the weather effects folder you can customize the visual effects of Dark Rain, there are two types of rain to choose from each has it's own unique visual appearance. Rain type 1 is a slow and soft rain. Rain type 2 is a more heavy and faster rain that also has wind. (More weather effects are coming soon). Once you've chosen the desired rain type simply copy the "rain.xtbl" file and paste it into the Saints Row IV folder overwriting any existing files.

Weather Frequency - With the weather frequency folder you can customize the frequency of Dark Rain, i.e., if it will rain more or less. There are three frequencies to choose from, Light Rain, Medium Rain and Heavy Rain. With city takeover weather on once an area of the city is controlled by the player that area will use city takeover weather i.e., it will no longer rain in the player controlled area and the sky will be blue. It is recommended to keep city takeover weather off (default) to get the full effect of Dark Rain. Once you've chosen the desired frequency simply copy the "weather.xtbl" file and paste it into the Saints Row IV folder overwriting any existing files.

Last edited:
Dark Rain will work with Sandbox+ preload_anim.vpp_pc file, but you won't have the animations I've included in my preload_anim.vpp_pc file. Dark Rain doesn't require my preload_anim.vpp_pc file to work and will work with any preload_anim.vpp_pc file.
Thank you very much :)

Love this but for some reason no matter what files I use,settings I put SR4 in (graphically) I barely see the rain...

Back