Dark Rain (weather mod)

yensid

Banned
Dark Rain brings dynamic weather to the Steelport simulation by adding "rain", creating a much "dark"er gloomy atmosphere. The weather uses dynamic transitions, giving the game more realism. Dark Rain also adds new animations to NPC's like smoking cigarettes, texting and talking on cell phones, prostitutes will some times check their makeup and more bringing the Steelport simulation to life.

Installation: Unpack the attached archive open the folder named Dark Rain and copy the contents of the Dark Rain folder inside "\Steam\steamapps\common\Saints Row IV\" (where SaintsRowIV.exe is)

Optional files and what they do.
The optional files give you the ability to customize Dark Rain the way you want.

Weather Effects - With the weather effects folder you can customize the visual effects of Dark Rain, there are two types of rain to choose from each has it's own unique visual appearance. Rain type 1 is a slow and soft rain. Rain type 2 is a more heavy and faster rain that also has wind. (More weather effects are coming soon). Once you've chosen the desired rain type simply copy the "rain.xtbl" file and paste it into the Saints Row IV folder overwriting any existing files.

Weather Frequency - With the weather frequency folder you can customize the frequency of Dark Rain, i.e., if it will rain more or less. There are three frequencies to choose from, Light Rain, Medium Rain and Heavy Rain. With city takeover weather on once an area of the city is controlled by the player that area will use city takeover weather i.e., it will no longer rain in the player controlled area and the sky will be blue. It is recommended to keep city takeover weather off (default) to get the full effect of Dark Rain. Once you've chosen the desired frequency simply copy the "weather.xtbl" file and paste it into the Saints Row IV folder overwriting any existing files.

Changelogs
(09.12.2013) V1.0 - Initial release.
(09.14.2013) V1.1 - Dynamic weather transitions added.
(09.21.2013) V1.2 - New weather cycle added (heavy rain) has a longer duration then light rain but a lower chance of occurring. Increased weather cycle durations. Slightly increased the chance for clear sky. Slightly lowered the chance of storms.
(09.22.2013) V1.3 - New NPC animations added (NPC's now some times will smoke cigarettes, also when seated) (NPC's now some times will talk on cell phones, with speech) (NPC's now some times will text using their cell phones) (NPC prostitutes now some times wave and check their makeup).
(10.04.2013) V1.4 - All NPC animations fixed during rain. New weather cycle added (light shower) has a very short duration. New weather cycle added (medium rain) has a longer duration then light shower and light rain but has a shorter duration then heavy rain.
(10.09.2013) V1.5 - City takeover weather removed (option to have city takeover weather is included).
(10.18.2013) V1.6 - New weather effects added (improved weather transitions) (new rain types added).

jf1n.gif

Some of the new NPC animations.
1036j3o.gif

syxj82.jpg

11c8d3p.jpg

i5q6hc.jpg

Video spotlight of Dark Rain 1.5

Attachments

• Dark Rain V1.6.rar
    12.1 MB · Views: 13,413
Last edited:
Wow
Exactly what I was looking for.
After playing SR:TT I realized it wasn't raining in The Simulation.
tHx for fixing that

I miss the thunderstorms you got in Saints Row 1 and 2. It was really awesome when you roam around in the city through heavy rain with thunder crashing through your speakers. I think Saints Row was one of the few games what really knew how to simulate thunderstorms. The sounds was awesome.

If i recall in SR:TT when it rained the pedestrians in a lot of cases would pull out an umbrella .. .maybe that's the thing that hurts pedestrian animations.

If i recall in SR:TT when it rained the pedestrians in a lot of cases would pull out an umbrella .. .maybe that's the thing that hurts pedestrian animations.
Yup this is what I've narrowed it down to. I'm currently trying to see if I can get them to access the umbrella during rain. I'm pretty sure in SR:TT there was far less pedestrians out when it rained, I hope to keep the amount of pedestrians unchanged though if possible.

Last edited:
Back