Customize any vehicle plus wardrobe color changer

Does this mod works for helis ? I have been able to modify the unique cars but somehow the customisations on helis don't stick for me.

A very specific problem: I could never customize the color of the Devil Horns hat item until I installed this mod, then I could for a while. I recently started a new campaign and can't customize the colors of the Devil horns now, and on top of that my save game reset the color on their horns to default (grey horns with green headband). The only options are "wear item" or "discard item" with no coloring options. I have screen shots with pink horns and black headband (proving I could change the colors and I'm not crazy). I've added a few mods recently but none of them were clothing/customization related. It was the climate/weather tweaks and stuff like that, and I always updated the ASM files.

My question: should you be able to customize the color of the Devil Horns "hat" either with or without this mod installed? (you could in SRTT, it is just strange you cant in this)

A very specific problem: I could never customize the color of the Devil Horns hat item until I installed this mod, then I could for a while. I recently started a new campaign and can't customize the colors of the Devil horns now, and on top of that my save game reset the color on their horns to default (grey horns with green headband). The only options are "wear item" or "discard item" with no coloring options. I have screen shots with pink horns and black headband (proving I could change the colors and I'm not crazy). I've added a few mods recently but none of them were clothing/customization related. It was the climate/weather tweaks and stuff like that, and I always updated the ASM files.

My question: should you be able to customize the color of the Devil Horns "hat" either with or without this mod installed? (you could in SRTT, it is just strange you cant in this)

I had this issue myself before installing any mods at all. It was actually my hope that this mod would fix that but it did not. I would love to know if there is a way, because I used them a lot on my toon in 3, but hate them in 4 because of the yukky white color they seem to be stuck with.

Edit: I did start the game by importing a toon with the horns already on them, if that makes any difference. I tried to buy a new set with colors but it did not work.

I had this issue myself before installing any mods at all. It was actually my hope that this mod would fix that but it did not. I would love to know if there is a way, because I used them a lot on my toon in 3, but hate them in 4 because of the yukky white color they seem to be stuck with.

Edit: I did start the game by importing a toon with the horns already on them, if that makes any difference. I tried to buy a new set with colors but it did not work.

Same. It is one of my favorite items, besides the cat ears from saints row 2 (R.I.P.). The forced bright green headband in saints row 4 is an abomination (able to be seen through many hairstyles), and of course being unable to color the horns themselves is quite annoying as well as you mentioned. It was just so saddening that I was able to customize them through 1 playthrough, then unable to afterwards after making a new campaign. The weird part was going back to the previous campaign save with the pink/black horns reloaded them as default. o_O

Same. It is one of my favorite items, besides the cat ears from saints row 2 (R.I.P.). The forced bright green headband in saints row 4 is an abomination (able to be seen through many hairstyles), and of course being unable to color the horns themselves is quite annoying as well as you mentioned. It was just so saddening that I was able to customize them through 1 playthrough, then unable to afterwards after making a new campaign. The weird part was going back to the previous campaign save with the pink/black horns reloaded them as default. o_O

Wow, I didn't see the green through the hair on my toon, but that makes it 3000% worse than just white horns! It's as if somehow it lost one of its texture layers or something. If it was possible to force them to be just all black, at least they would be usable by most people. I do not know anything about working with models and textures for saints row or I would just do it myself. Maybe I will do some research and see how easily I could learn how, I have made models and textures for games in the past, but admittedly that was long ago and with a modelling program far too out of date to use now. I have been meaning to learn blender though...

I cannot imagine who would think that bright green and white would be the go to color choice for devil horns, I mean if you want to sure...but...

Ok, I did find a tutorial for it here https://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/threads/retexturing-saints-row-iv-for-dummies.4059/

But I honestly haven't the energy to mess with it now, so I will check back on it soon. Just knowing what I know and reading the first bit of that makes me dizzy lol, but its completely possible (assuming that there isn't indeed something wrong/missing with the horns model, in which case the fix would be even more of a PITA). Hopefully I will get lucky and my old psp7 will have the right .dds compression option too. I'd like to try at making new models for this game, but I heard that there was a limit on how many clothing options the game can have in it at any given time =\. If I give this a go, I will make a new thread about it ^_^.

According to the tutorial, it also seems that the bright green is part of how the game may be trying to allow you to choose colors, but somehow there is something not happening right with it. From what I read, if the band is showing green, perhaps the horns should be blue, but instead they are white. This will be the first thing I look at when I give this a try. With luck, it will allow for the color choosing options to finally work again.

P.S. I have been spoiled in the past, modding elder scrolls games etc. where you did not have to try so hard just to get at the relevant file lol.

If you could somehow make the headband part 100% "transparent" too, that could be a nice option as well. So the only visual part would be the horns, making the character look more demon-authentic :D

I plan to try and tackle this tomorrow. Been busy (well ok, I was playing free ESO weekend lol) I will see where it goes. I might be able to make the headband invis. with an alpha channel, if I don't run into a wall messing with the textures, I will give it a try. I will focus on making it color change first, or at the very least, try to make it all black. Depends heavily on how much hassle it is vs. my energy level lol.

Back