Saints Row: The Third Customization GUI And Helicoptors

I did quite a bit of manual work on the files getting more customization options to work for vehicles in the game and the one thing that always confused me was why did the customization screen for helecopters not work correctly? :p Although the workaround of temporarily turning all helis into boats to customize them was always funny to me.

To clarify, in store_vehicle.lua we removed the check to see if a vehicle couldn't be customized. This simple change then allowed the player access to customize all unique vehicles, reward vehicles, planes, and boats. Helis were weird though. If you chose to customize them it would zip through a bunch of menus and kick you back out. Turk came up with the idea of changing their class to boats in the _veh file, and for some magic reason you could now customize them at the Dock perfectly. Of course that means they would fall out of the sky like a stone since they were now a boat class and you would have to remove the _veh files after customizing them how you wanted.

If memory serves correctly, i also purposly broke portions of the menu to see what would happen. :p i think managed to get the menu to stay up but it was so broken that it was unusable.

Back