Crashes after adding new weapons

I'm trying to port the Electro Blast from the original Expanded Arsenal Mod using the new modding format but I always end up with crash while entering the weapon cache. I have no idea what's wrong, here's the archive with all edited files and the ready packfile.
EDIT: Hm, I've checked out the thread regarding this new format and I don't see any info regarding items_inventory.xtbl and store_weapons.xtbl. If they aren't supported, there's no way to add new weapons then as they're required to make it work.

Attachments

• Electro Blast.rar
    325 KB · Views: 366
Last edited:
TIL Apparently you have to include an .asm_pc file anyway. In case you don't add any STR2 files, just create an empty ASM called mods_streaming_weapons.asm_pc
I should fix that if you just have table file entries. Since you can't edit and can only add things, I assumed that you would always have a str2 and a new asm file. If you are creating a new weapon using existing meshes though, that isn't necessary. I'll put that on my list of things to fix.

I always end up with crash while entering the weapon cache
Your crash is down in lua which is funny. I'll have to run this in debug and see the complaints. I'll check this out and let you know what I see..

EDIT: Hm, I've checked out the thread regarding this new format and I don't see any info regarding items_inventory.xtbl and store_weapons.xtbl. If they aren't supported, there's no way to add new weapons then as they're required to make it work.
Yep, that seems about right. :) I'll add those table files and clean up the parsing to not require any asm/str2 files. Any other table files related to items and/or weapons? I would go ahead and make the mod with those table files in it as this shouldn't take long to get a new build out. I'm mainly waiting on Valve's response right now for another build.

Any other table files related to items and/or weapons? I would go ahead and make the mod with those table files in it as this shouldn't take long to get a new build out. I'm mainly waiting on Valve's response right now for another build.
Ammo.xtbl, effects.xtbl, explosions.xtbl and unlockables.xtbl would be nice but they aren't obligate. :)

Back