1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Constant Lag-spikes with Steam online mode

Discussion in 'Get Help/Troubleshooting' started by Kodi022, Dec 6, 2018 at 10:53 AM.

Tags:
  1. This might be the wrong place to ask about this but I sent an email to Volition and am looking for help and/or other fixes in the meantime since I can't access any online features with it happening.

I have no clue if this has been talked about already, but there's been a pretty common problem I face and quite a few others face on the steam discussions. The title says it all, once the game loads into the menu and you're online mode on steam, the game will constantly lag-spike until you close the game and switch steam into offline.

This issue also is prevalent with Saints Row 4 too. (this bug happens without mods)

2. Quantum

Quantum Administrator Staff Member

I've noticed a lot of people are complaining about that on the Steam forums, but it hasn't really been discussed here.

Unfortunately, I don't have a solution nor was I able to reproduce the problem on my Windows 8.1 system. As was mentioned on the Steam forums, it seems like the game is trying to contact a server that doesn't exist anymore and timing out, but that's purely conjecture since I can't make it happen for me.

Are you running under Windows 10?

3. Im running in windows 10 and I have the same problem, lag and 1 sec freeze every minute. Yes the way to fix it is to play offline.

It should be something with the server or steam. I searched for a non oficial version to see if the problem persisted, and it runs without this problem