Constant Lag-spikes with Steam online mode

This might be the wrong place to ask about this but I sent an email to Volition and am looking for help and/or other fixes in the meantime since I can't access any online features with it happening.

I have no clue if this has been talked about already, but there's been a pretty common problem I face and quite a few others face on the steam discussions. The title says it all, once the game loads into the menu and you're online mode on steam, the game will constantly lag-spike until you close the game and switch steam into offline.

This issue also is prevalent with Saints Row 4 too. (this bug happens without mods)

I've noticed a lot of people are complaining about that on the Steam forums, but it hasn't really been discussed here.

Unfortunately, I don't have a solution nor was I able to reproduce the problem on my Windows 8.1 system. As was mentioned on the Steam forums, it seems like the game is trying to contact a server that doesn't exist anymore and timing out, but that's purely conjecture since I can't make it happen for me.

Are you running under Windows 10?

I've noticed a lot of people are complaining about that on the Steam forums, but it hasn't really been discussed here.

Unfortunately, I don't have a solution nor was I able to reproduce the problem on my Windows 8.1 system. As was mentioned on the Steam forums, it seems like the game is trying to contact a server that doesn't exist anymore and timing out, but that's purely conjecture since I can't make it happen for me.

Im running in windows 10 and I have the same problem, lag and 1 sec freeze every minute. Yes the way to fix it is to play offline.

It should be something with the server or steam. I searched for a non oficial version to see if the problem persisted, and it runs without this problem

I am running Windows 10. I would think it is indeed related to some server problem, but i'm not sure either.

So it seems to be something with Windows 10 (a recent update?), since it works fine in Wins 8.1.
I searched for a non oficial version to see if the problem persisted, and it runs without this problem
Could you contact the author of that non official version and ask them what they changed to fix it? That would be very helpful.

So it seems to be something with Windows 10 (a recent update?), since it works fine in Wins 8.1.

Could you contact the author of that non official version and ask them what they changed to fix it? That would be very helpful.

Well... the game was uploaded years ago, so it must be a really old version. Ill see if i can get a newer build.

Back