Buddy Oleg Mod

[V] IdolNinja

Volition Staff
SRTT Buddy Oleg by IdolNinja

Drastically increases the friendly fire threshold so Oleg doesn't turn on you after getting hit with even the smallest amount of stray fire. The threshold value has been carefully tweaked so that one rocket's accidental splash damage from hitting a vehicle will not turn him on you. Two rockets though, and you better run!

NOTE: This threshold increase also applies to all other homies.

Extract the included xtbl file to your srtt install folder with the exe:
..\steam\steamapps\common\saints row the third\

!!IMPORTANT!! IF YOU ALREADY USE A MOD THAT USES TWEAK_TABLE.XTBL:
If you would like this tweak while using another modder's mod like Fast and Mad, simply open the other mod's tweak_table.xtbl and search for:
Player_friendly_fire_threshold

^ Change the current value of 150 to 900. Easy!

Attachments

• SRTT_Buddy_Oleg_IdolNinja.rar
    20.9 KB · Views: 2,382
I will gladly try it, because yesterday i was almost killed by a nude-overpowered Oleg (Encogen mod): that was the first time after endgame where i really feared to be killed o_O

i rarely ever use him as a companion, but i tried it the other day and we got into some heavy s#it and all of a sudden he was attacking me, I thought it was a glitch or something lol, I didnt realize he attacks you if you attack him

Yah, I do try and be careful and not be a foolish gang member. Where one points ones weapon
is important and all that jazz. Gun safty first. So many Youtube videos of morons and guns show how that can be a bad mixture.

However, as I'm sure everyone knows that is reading this, the damn circumstances get out of control. The 'It wasn't my fault" line
from some Hollywood movie comes to mind.

Was it MY fault that last bullet caused a car to explode, causing harm to a brain dead homey that decided
she HAD to go stick her butt next to that burning car? Yep! Or , hey, I"m zoomed in nailing something with the chain gun, and
some zonked out wigger homey decides to walk into the line of fire. Oy, you kids.

I spent a couple hours of quality time with a trio of homeys on the streets after I had installed this and there is a definite difference.
I didn't have to fear accidental car explosions causing a fuss up with the crew and them abandoning me.

Downside? I suppose one is: I used to just shoot one till that one left, as a means to get rid of a certain crew member.
Tried it this time, and had to stop shooting, I felt bad doing that, she never left. Takes a lot of bullets I suppose now.

Not a big issue as it is rare I feel the urge to boot one.

I had forgot how bad it was before using this mod. Been using it for almost 2 weeks now.
Forgot I had it installed and installed another mod over that file (agility mod)
Played my usual hijinks with gang on Luchrador's love fest for a hour or so.
THings got heated and a accidental car blowing up made two homeys go postal on me.

THis mod has to be a top 10 must have for sr3 now that I'm used to having some grace from gang members.
Could not be without it!
Bump.

thanks for this! i changed friendly fire in my tweak table and it works great...for everyone but Brutinia (brute from Gangstas in space DLC). would her setting be listed somewhere else since she's dlc?

thanks for this! i changed friendly fire in my tweak table and it works great...for everyone but Brutinia (brute from Gangstas in space DLC). would her setting be listed somewhere else since she's dlc?

No idea. I would think that all homies would be covered by this setting, but maybe not. What about other dlc homies like the genki girls or jennifer?

Back