Boss Factory modding

Drag and drop method doesn't work?
From my experience, "drag&drop" or "command line script without setting current directory" method gives the wrong path(system32 folder instead of the directory the file is executed from) if run as admin or from a source that requires admin privileges. The GUI tool works fine though.

no I tried drag and drop on to all the "extract exe's" and also tried the UI exe and selected my file through that and nothing happens 🤔
You can use my batch processing script that I personally made for my own use.
It can extract all ".vpp_pc", ".str2_pc", ".cvbm_pc" and "cpeg_pc" files in bulk so make sure you place the tool in the same folder where both "ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.ExtractPackfile.exe" and "SR3UnpackTextures.exe" are present.

I've also included the source code in the archive if someone thinks it's a malicious file and a preview here.
Preview
It's completely safe! :D

Attachments

• TJ-SRIV Tool - Bulk Extraction Script by RedAISkye.7z
    191.4 KB · Views: 218
From my experience, "drag&drop" or "command line script without setting current directory" method gives the wrong path(system32 folder instead of the directory the file is executed from) if run as admin or from a source that requires admin privileges. The GUI tool works fine though.

You can use my batch processing script that I personally made for my own use.
It can extract all ".vpp_pc", ".str2_pc", ".cvbm_pc" and "cpeg_pc" files in bulk so make sure you place the tool in the same folder where both "ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.ExtractPackfile.exe" and "SR3UnpackTextures.exe" are present.

I've also included the source code in the archive if someone thinks it's a malicious file and a preview here.
View attachment 31940
It's completely safe! :D
You sure your tool works with the reboot files? The pics you posted don't look like something from the reboot. We already have tools to extract data from previous games but the reboot uses different file format, same as Agents of Mayhem so old tools won't work

You sure your tool works with the reboot files? The pics you posted don't look like something from the reboot. We already have tools to extract data from previous games but the reboot uses different file format, same as Agents of Mayhem so old tools won't work
That completely depends on the ThomasJepp SaintsRow IV Tools.
I thought the old tools worked at least for extractions?

So old tools don't work and that's why the AoM tool is the only tool that works with extracting the files
Where exactly is the AoM tool?

I tested it with ThomasJepp SaintsRow IV Tools and it gave me the error:
Code:
Unhandled Exception: System.Exception: Unsupported packfile version: 0011
   at ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.Packfiles.Packfile.FromStream(Stream stream, Boolean isStr2)
   at ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.ExtractPackfile.Program.Main(String[] args)

Back