A tool to add and create any skin for any game

doesnt the mecha have only 1 file type no head ? that might be the cause i dont know though i dont want to mess with the characters thing just incase something goes wrong im accident prone when it comes to writing

What do you mean, one file type?

Oh and by the way, unless you replace files in Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\Common\Saints Row IV\packfiles\pc\cache\, modding does no permanent damage to the game files. Even if you did end up messing things up, all you would have to do is use the, "verify integrity of cache" thingy in Steam.

in the topic character mesh viewer if you convert to view in it it shows a head file i dont know the mecha file yet but once i find it ill open it up im guessing the mech suit robot doesnt have a head file which might be why when you tryed to put chars into a mech suit it made them headless if that is the case then all that needs doing is modding the coding or something to put the head file into it

http://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/threads/sr4-character-mesh-viewer.4604/page-6#post-53666

What does that costume fuse? What are you talking about? If you are the subject of the characters or skins, the GM1111001 user, told me that without the SDK can not do anything, sorry but since I am not American, because I'm a bit lost, put me abreast slowly, if not you mind please

What does that costume fuse? What are you talking about? If you are the subject of the characters or skins, the GM1111001 user, told me that without the SDK can not do anything, sorry but since I am not American, because I'm a bit lost, put me abreast slowly, if not you mind please

Do not worry, badbat111 and I are just exploring possible different ways of doing this without the SDK. It does not seem to be working. I can try to explain, but it is very complicated for a novice.

in the topic character mesh viewer if you convert to view in it it shows a head file i dont know the mecha file yet but once i find it ill open it up im guessing the mech suit robot doesnt have a head file which might be why when you tryed to put chars into a mech suit it made them headless if that is the case then all that needs doing is modding the coding or something to put the head file into it

http://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/threads/sr4-character-mesh-viewer.4604/page-6#post-53666

Whether or not the mech suit model has a head is completely unrelated. I am not trying to put characters into the mech suit. I am trying to use the mech suit homie entry in Homies.xtbl which has the Change Player character flag in order to transform the player model into a different model. For example:

<Homie>
<Name>mech_suit</Name>
<Display_Name>HOMIES_MECH_SUIT</Display_Name>
<Display_Desc>HOMIES_MECH_SUIT_DESC</Display_Desc>
<Humans>
<Human>
<Character>mech_suit</Character>
</Human>
</Humans>
<weapon>Mech_suit_weapon</weapon>
<Flags>
<Flag>give player weapon</Flag>
<Flag>change player character</Flag>
</Flags>
<Image_name>ui_homie_35_mech</Image_name>
<_Editor>
<Category>Entries</Category>
</_Editor>
<Audio>PHONE_MECH</Audio>
</Homie>

This is the Homie entry for the Mech suit. Do you see the change player character flag in boldface? This is what changes the player character based on what is written in the <Character> line, also in boldface. If I replaced <Character>mech_suit</Character> with <Character>Shaundi_sim</Character>, I should transform into Shaundi - however, when I do, my head is missing and animations and controls are messed up, even after removing the give player weapon flag. This has nothing to do with editing meshes.

what im saying is if you open up normal characters using missinglinks tool the characters have a body and a head inside there file i bet if the mecha suit was opened up in missinglinks viewer the mecha suit might not have the head part in its file if thats the case thats why the characters dont have the head when you try swapping them

Last edited:
what im saying is if you open up normal characters using missinglinks tool the characters have a boy and a head inside there file i bet if the mecha suit was opened up in missinglinks viewer the mecha suit might not have the head part in its file if thats the case thats why the characters dont have the head when you try swapping them

Aaaahhh, okay.

Back