A map editor?

A map editor built in Godot game engine.

In it's current state it's more like a toy than a real tool, but I hope to grow it into something usable.
1684409642530.png

Project source
Download a build here.

No changing collisions yet.

Quick usage:

Unzip and run the program.
Open a chunkfile (Make sure there exists both a .chunk_pc and .g_chunk_pc file in the same folder).
The chunk should appear in a second.
Navigate with mouse, controls are the same as in blender. Click the question mark button for a better explanation.
When you click save, a new file is created in the same place, with “_new” suffix in its name.
Clear button resets the program.

Something I've been working on. Very early version.

My old python scripts were never intended to be the end product for my project. Now here's a (yet very limited) tool built on Godot game engine.

Features:
* move objects
* change an object’s model (to an existing model, not custom model)
* display object name

Missing features:
* It can't add or remove objects.
* It's unaware of rotation and scale of an object.
* Some chunks crash it
* It doesn't recalculate cullboxes
* Moving objects doesn't affect physics.
* Custom model import

Screenshot_20220925_143034.png

Download from github

Quick usage:

Unzip and run the program.
Drag a chunk file into the window (Make sure there’s both a .chunk_pc and .g_chunk_pc file in the same folder).
The chunk should appear in a second.
Navigate with mouse, controls are the same as in blender. Click the question mark button for a better explanation.

Click on an object and a property panel will appear.
After making your changes, click save to save the chunk. New file is created in the same place, with “_new” suffix in its name.
Clear button resets the program.

You can open multiple chunks, but that’s undefined behavior. Don’t save.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220925_141412.png
    Screenshot_20220925_141412.png
    210.8 KB · Views: 377
  • Screenshot_20220925_160225.png
    Screenshot_20220925_160225.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 460
  • 20220925160201_1.jpg
    20220925160201_1.jpg
    547.5 KB · Views: 468
  • Screenshot_20220925_171033.png
    Screenshot_20220925_171033.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 485
  • 1667078710322.png
    1667078710322.png
    785.4 KB · Views: 819
Last edited:
works pretty well
im aware at how big of a task it is to do this, being that its all 3dsmax files in a special format we dont know
some chunks (most except interiors ive seen) have misaligned objects that im afraid to edit
another thing, when i go to swap an object to another's ID. i can only swap to other objects that are in that chunk, which i understand.
again, great work.
1664242633095.png

some chunks (most except interiors ive seen) have misaligned objects that im afraid to edit
Could the misalignment be just missing rotation? Because the app doesn't touch that. The rest of the transforms are stored right after the position, but I have put off the work learning how transformation matrices work (that's what I think they are, at least). So, if you see something misaligned, you can edit it. Just keep in mind that it's gonna have the original object's rotation.
another thing, when i go to swap an object to another's ID. i can only swap to other objects that are in that chunk, which i understand.
Yeah, any models used in a chunk have to be stored in the chunk. This editor will stay away from custom models until I get much of the basic functionality done, which will unfortunately not be soon. If you want to use a custom model or a model from another chunk, you could use the python script to replace an existing model. Though the missing uv's will degrade the visual quality for the whole chunk.

Back