SPOILERS Saints Row (2022) official info

Honestly from what research I did; Windows 11, DirectX 12, locked at 60fps, and never messed with FOV. Apparently I rolled almost the right choices for the least buggy way to keep messing with the game. As a tech support worker of like 15+ years, this might be the only time Windows 11 is the clear cut more functional choice over 10 right now... Is for Saints Row of all things, well and Duke Nukem Forever's 2001 build, but that's another story.

Honestly from what research I did; Windows 11, DirectX 12, locked at 60fps, and never messed with FOV. Apparently I rolled almost the right choices for the least buggy way to keep messing with the game. As a tech support worker of like 15+ years, this might be the only time Windows 11 is the clear cut more functional choice over 10 right now... Is for Saints Row of all things, well and Duke Nukem Forever's 2001 build, but that's another story.
So wait... My PC keeps asking me to upgrade to Windows 11, but I keep declining because I'm fine with Windows 10. But are you saying I'll have less issues with Saints Row and possibly other games like Halo Infinite, if I do upgrade to Windows 11. Because every time I load up either of those two games, my PC makes the loudest whirring noises I've ever heard. It sounds like my PC is about to launch into space... But I've checked all my specs and they more than qualify to handle both games... So will upgrading make things better, or am I just cursed?

My PC never feels hot either, barely even warm. But the whirring is immense. And if I load up a heavily detailed forge map on Halo Infinite, my PC's whirring actually sounds louder than the traffic going past when I have my window open.

So my personal opinion is don't upgrade to 11 until at least a little longer into it's lifespan, if you are a Windows user. There's lot of other decent OS options, but I have overall mixed feelings on Windows 11. Most of my complaints are about the UI and some of the changes to how tabs and things work, I'm unsure if most people have like 9 explorer windows open at once like me.

You are NOT PROMISED better performance with Windows 11 from Windows 10 on games. However, there does appear to be a lot of compatibility things in place that have made my migration to it weirdly easy and often pain free with games. I've legitimately had less issue running older games on it than I had on Windows 10 even is the most baffling part. This is mostly based on commentary I've seen and my own experience, so milage may vary and keep your actual hardware in mind when picking your OS.

So I was gonna give the whole game another run through, but now I can't go past the first god damn mission. As soon as the cutscene finishes where I defeat Nahualli on the Jet and Marshall capture him, my game gets stuck on the black loading screen. I have to shut the game down and reload, and if I try to reload that save, I just get stuck on the same black loading screen... Someone remind me why I'm a diehard Saints Row fan please? Because I'm starting to question that decision myself.

And I've started a new save and replayed the first mission 3 times over, but I still get stuck on the black loading screen once the mission ends.

Just for reference:
1684520092062.png
This is the loading screen which prevents me from progressing past the first mission.

So I was gonna give the whole game another run through, but now I can't go past the first god damn mission. As soon as the cutscene finishes where I defeat Nahualli on the Jet and Marshall capture him, my game gets stuck on the black loading screen. I have to shut the game down and reload, and if I try to reload that save, I just get stuck on the same black loading screen... Someone remind me why I'm a diehard Saints Row fan please? Because I'm starting to question that decision myself.

And I've started a new save and replayed the first mission 3 times over, but I still get stuck on the black loading screen once the mission ends.

Just for reference:
View attachment 35750
This is the loading screen which prevents me from progressing past the first mission.
I had the same issue before the patch. It started to work after a few attempts

I had the same issue before the patch. It started to work after a few attempts
I'm having that issue now, after the patch. I've just done attempts no. 4, 5, & 6. It's still getting stuck on the loading screen, I can literally only play the first mission. I don't know what I'm supposed to do here.

It's like I'm somehow playing the non-existent demo version of the game.

I'm having that issue now, after the patch. I've just done attempts no. 4, 5, & 6. It's still getting stuck on the loading screen, I can literally only play the first mission. I don't know what I'm supposed to do here.

It's like I'm somehow playing the non-existent demo version of the game.
That sucks. I'll let them know. They created a new channel on their discord server to report bugs, I can mention your problem there

Oh great, I'm never getting this resolved then.

This is the best I can do, not really sure how to find my specs.
View attachment 35846
What I recommend to get better and more detailed insight on your computer specs is to download CPU-Z by CPUID , It gives you a breakdown of your CPU, Caches, Motherboard, RAM, Graphics card etc etc.

The classic version should fit your needs.

LINK

Back