My Steelport on saintsrow.com dies on 31/01/2018

I hope this isn't old topic bumping but I feel like I may have come up with an idea for a fix. I'm not sure if memory editing does much for save files but it's possible that through memory editing we might be able to find the memory for our custom Boss character and swap it out with a new Boss that someone else made, while of course keeping a back up of the original save (before it was altered), thus making the My Steelport feature technically useless as is.

I might be wrong (probably am wrong but doesn't hurt to have a little idea) but if this can't be done then... shit. My point for this idea, though was that someone can still play as other people's custom Boss without affecting their save data (downloading a save with different cars and halfways into the game and instead being able to still play the game at the percentage they're at.)

Yeah it's very possible to just open up your save file in a hex editor, along with your downloaded characters, and simply swap out the data. I've done it with some of my saves, and I've even exported new characters from saves into their own character files. I would really like to make a program for doing this but I think Minmaul has that covered, and when it comes to programming I'm not that good with editing files and reading/writing raw data.

Last edited:
Back