Saints Row Reboot

Would you like to see a NewGEN Saints Row Reboot?

• Total voters
I sure do disagree. Remember the game Need For Speed: Underground 2? One of my favorite games that was similar to the Fast and the Furious movies!

1. The Fast and Furious isn't a good example you're using to argue against Saints 4 when it comes to realism & how an unrealistic style isn't the best thing for a franchise.

Especially Fast and Furious went from this
To this.
That unrealistic style is part of what's keeping it going.
That is realism. It's exaggerated realism, clearly, but realism never-the-less.
I have no problem with that style. Saints Row games had exaggerated realism like that from the start. That's what I like about the earlier games.
2. Your assertion is regardless of the number of sequels, no matter how stale something becomes, no matter how repetitive it gets, people would always enjoy it simply due to the name of the franchise.
I think there is a certain amount of enjoyment people get from familiarity with characters they love, and a franchise they've consistently enjoyed in the past. By extrapolating from that, people could reasonably assume that those characters and their level of enjoyment would continue in future installments until proven otherwise. However, I would not agree that people love a franchise simply because of the name. If the franchise does not maintain the content they enjoy, they would rightly lose interest and look elsewhere.
You understand a reboot goes back to the first Fast and Furious, the franchise wouldn't grow & expand to new possibilities as it would just start all over from day 1.

Rebooting Saints does just that & how long would it go before it rebooted again or just ended if it remained like Saints 1 & 2.

You can clearly see that in movies, since many movies are simply retelling of old stories that have already been told in one form or another.
Obviously, there's a huge demand for retelling of old stories. Because, people LIKE those old stories!

Personally, I prefer to see NEW stories. I certainly never said I want a Saints Row reboot. I like Volition's campaigns, and I've never had any complaints about those. I just want them to go back to the realistic (yes, exaggerated) style of Saints Row 3. They can do that without a reboot. They have a time machine. They have the technology. ;)

I guess my biggest complaint is Volition keeps removing interesting things from the Saints Row games with each new game.

Honestly, I would be extremely happy and pay $60 with no hesitation for a high quality remake of Saints Row 2 but using the latest graphics technologies, simply because that game has SO MANY fun things to do! I'd probably just skip the campaign -- well, maybe not -- just to play in that beautiful huge open world! I still play Saints Row 2, but the old graphics make me cringe when I realize how much better it would look with even Saints Row 3 technology graphics. Those old Saints Row 2 character models look horrible by comparison to Saints Row 3.
The vehicles drove pretty much the same way, there's no off road areas & yet there was no reason to own multiple vehicles either but that doesn't stop gamers from building a collection did it.

It's an option.
But, without superpowers, I am forced to select one of my vehicles whenever I want to get somewhere quickly, so I always pick something different, which is a big part of the fun for me. Lots of variety. With superpowers, there's just too much temptation to simply run or fly from one side of the map to another, and, well, it just gets very boring quickly. The world just seems so small.

I know -- you'll say it's my fault for giving in to temptation and using superpowers when I could drive. Well, I have the same problem when I see cake just sitting there on the counter. I know I would be happier later if I didn't eat the cake and had a nice salad instead, but the superpowers are just so tempting, and then I regret later that I didn't just take a car instead... :oops:
So lets say the moment Volition announced there'd be no option to drive vehicles regardless of having the ability to jump, run, or glide long distances in Saints 4, how many gamers do you think would've had a fit over it.
Quite a lot, actually.
Do you think there would've been a slue of gamers upset over that even when Volition said gamers would have the ability to jump, run, or glide long distances so driving or owning vehicles is unnecessary.
Absolutely! It already happened with Gat Out of Hell.
So are racing games suppose to reduce the selection of vehicles simply because of a number of types are needed. 1 Car, 1 Truck, & 1 motorcycle, no reason to have multiple vehicles because you only need 3 types.

OH but it's a racing game, so there should be multiple vehicles to choose from right. Well in an open world sandbox title gamers should have the option to use almost anything within that gaming environment.
I don't disagree.

Last edited:
And if they blow up the Earth -- problem solved! :D
Old school fans: saints row 4 isn't realistic!
New school fans: but alien invaded earth for real!
Old school fans: oh yeah, sorry it's hard to get used to. want some freckle bitch's?

if volition were to return saints row to its gangster roots now would be a perfect time;the straight outta Compton movie ,based on nwa, came out around 1 year ago and it was popular, theres a lot of open world games so saints row would be less likely to be compared to gta, and aom is out so both old and new fans would be pleased. personaly I don't mind what they do because volition proved me they could make a sr game based on cooking tv shows and it would still be good.

I think freckle bitch's should've been used alot more, expanded.
Like freckle bitch's explosives, guns, swords, tanks, aircraft, lasers, & freckle bitch's guys & gals homies.

I remember steve jaros [or some one else at volition, Im not sure] saying in an interview that he cut freckle bitches because he didn't like the name becuase "freckle bitches" isn't a clever innuendo or a smart reference/joke compared to "rim jobs" or "on the rag".

Back