Bypassing Cheat Limit

I've found a way to bypass the cheat limit in the cheats.xtbl file! This is good for adding new cheats!

Find <TableDescription> in the cheats.xtbl file using Notepad ++, Look for <MaxCount>192</MaxCount> in the file, change the number "192" to what ever number you want (depends on how many new cheats added), mine was changed to 193, now I have unlocked Medium Rain as a cheat.

To test the theory make a backup of your cheats.xtbl file and put it somewhere safe then put the modded cheats.xtbl file in your GoTR "1-MODDERS_-_PUT_YOUR_OWN_PERSONAL_MODS_HERE" folder then rebuild your patch!

I also discovered cheats.xtbl isn't the only thing that can be changed. Another file, "cheats_text.xtbl" can be used to reference your new cheat! Earlier I mentioned "Medium Rain" as a cheat being unlocked. I opened the cheats_text.xtbl and added a line called:

Code:
<Cheats_Identifier>
        <Name>MEDIUM_RAIN</Name>
        <_Editor><Category>Entries</Category></_Editor>
    </Cheats_Identifier>

Now it shows up in the Cheats menu!

I wonder if <MaxCount> also affects other table files like homies, which is currently limited to an additional 4 (if memory serves.)

Excuse me for triple posting I'm just excited lol. According to the Saints Row Wikia, there isn't a cheat named Medium Rain in SR2 whereas in SR1 it exists. So I searched online for the phone number for the Medium Rain Cheat for SR1 and made me custom cheat. Here is my custom cheat Medium Rain for SR2, it goes into the cheats.xtbl file just in case someone wants it:

Code:
<Cheats>
        <Name>Medium Rain</Name>
        <Number>#67248</Number>
        <_Editor>
            <Category>Entries:Weather</Category>
            </_Editor>
        <Type>
            <Weather>
                <Action>
                    <Set_To>
                        <Conditions>Medium Rain</Conditions>
                        </Set_To>
                    </Action>
                </Weather>
            </Type>
        <DisplayName>WEATHER_MEDIUM_RAIN</DisplayName>
        <Interface_Category>Weather</Interface_Category>
        <Cheat_Description>WEATHER_DESC</Cheat_Description>
        <Dont_Flag_As_Cheating>True</Dont_Flag_As_Cheating>
        </Cheats>

I wonder if <MaxCount> also affects other table files like homies, which is currently limited to an additional 4 (if memory serves.)
I believe it does.

Now you're talkin' . I also found out by increasing Tree Fade in my time of day mod to 400 instead of default 200 trees seem to appear farther.

IdolNinja, do you think the <MaxCount> can help the rest of the Saints Row series like SRIV or SR3? If it does people is going to be happy again!

IdolNinja, do you think the <MaxCount> can help the rest of the Saints Row series like SRIV or SR3? If it does people is going to be happy again!

I'll talk to Mike Wilson about it. SR4 Steam workshop already expands the limits, but would certainly be nice if it worked with SR3.

I'll talk to Mike Wilson about it. SR4 Steam workshop already expands the limits, but would certainly be nice if it worked with SR3.
Sounds good to me, carry on.

Back