Question about hair modding

i am fully aware that currently is not possible to edit the current hair meshes/npc clothing etc because the resources are limited(no tool for it yet). But what i am currently going to attempt is to replace a hat/helmet mesh completely with a hair mesh/model from elsewhere. what gave the idea that it *might* be possible was a screenshot i saw online (i think at this point anyone who ever searched for the hair mods for SRTT may have found it before too and i will be including it in this post.) what i took note of was that the fact that te hair was listed as an item under hats, and not as a selection in Image As Designed. So i figured it would not hurt me any to try it. (Sorry if this was asked already, I did not see any other threads about it)

the idea of how i think it might work is maybe need to make your character bald in order to use these hairs to prevent clipping issue etc. but i will see what i can manage with this.

images (4).jpg

^aforementioned screenshot
(Nevermind just saw news of the SDK being worked on but still i will leave this post open in case it is/isnt plausible)

Last edited:
You can move the hair style to the hat section. Or better, you can add a "hair" section to your wardrobe and planet saints. You won't need to remove your current hair it will act like normal hair.

You can move the hair style to the hat section. Or better, you can add a "hair" section to your wardrobe and planet saints. You won't need to remove your current hair it will act like normal hair.
It's a little bit bugged. Sometimes it doesn't appear

has anyone mad this a mod yet or is in progress of doing so because I really want to have a character with that hair in the picture and if anyone knows where a mod for it is can you give me the link

Back