TEXTURING 101 ( LAMENS TERMS)

i want to invert the cyber busters color so black glow
As an example:
downloadfile-1.jpeg
notice the 3d symbol of the saints on the ammo box?
Now to achieve this simple effect here is what i did. With lots of trial and error there are many different ways to create a 3d effect. In this particular screenshot what i did is on the k8 krukov i painted the the ammo box in the (s) file black. Then i placed a simple saints symbol on top of it where i wanted it to be seen. Then on the (d) file i used a material or shade of diamondplated material. So this way the symbol only shows up when the box is moved in the right direction and correct lighting.
So i believe to get the effect you are wanting you would be wanting to try the same similar process

Got paint.net, it's free, and they make it easy to recolor textures. It looks like SR3 is going to be easier to mod than SR4, the SR3 clothes are separated by upper half and lower half, so I can mix an match. The clothes in SR4 are all lumped together, so I might have a tougher time getting altering it to my liking.

Got paint.net, it's free, and they make it easy to recolor textures. It looks like SR3 is going to be easier to mod than SR4, the SR3 clothes are separated by upper half and lower half, so I can mix an match. The clothes in SR4 are all lumped together, so I might have a tougher time getting altering it to my liking.
SRTT always has been easier to mod. That's why I don't mess with sriv. I lve srtt because I can rewrite the entire game the way I want.

So if you do mix and match, like you pasting Shaundi's head on other bodies, is repacking any different (do you also have to alter the n file)?

So if you do mix and match, like you pasting Shaundi's head on other bodies, is repacking any different (do you also have to alter the n file)?
What I did was take shaundi head files and replaced them with the saints female cypher body files. Then repack the shaundi files and update the character_containers.asm_pc. The only glitch to this unique situation, is that if you use the ciphers body and shaundi head files, then retexture shaundi as desired, then shaundi and the female Cypher must have the same texturing or their bodies will glitch from one outfit to the other. In this situation, I used th Ed ciphers body for shaundi, because I can texture and make her look any way I want. Now in the situation that you replaced pierce with the police outfit, even if you replace the cops head files with pierce, the right stays the same. So in lumens terms for your situation, if you replace pierces head for the cop, then retexture the body, when pierce passes a cop on the street, the cops outfit and face will glitch to pierces unless you make them both the same. Yes when you make changes to the texturing,say make a sleeve into skin, you must smooth the area on the n file.

I remember the cop Pierce request, that wasn't me. I had planned on using the lower body of Nelle with Shaundi's head and upper body as is, with some recoloring so the skin tone is consistent.

Edit: Natch, don't think it's gonna work: https://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum...part-pieces-so-i-could-modify-the-look.14117/
Bet it will:). Why? As long as the .rig file remains the original one from Nelle body, use shaundi head files, repack then update the character_containers.asm_pc and I got money it works:D. I already replaced shaundi body with the saints female cypher and retextured the way I wanted.
Check my thread and see my new shaundi in optional characters list:
Saints row the third beta version 2009
In mods in progress:)
Edit:
When replacing the files, only swap shaundi head files and leave all files for Nelle body original and it will work. Just don't have Nelle in your gang customization or you will see glitches when they pass each other.

Last edited:
Back