Disabling Super-Sprint Tornado Upgrade

Arglaar

Nitpicking Bastard
  1. Do you have any mods installed that use Unlockables.xtbl?
    If yes, skip to step 5.
  2. Download Minimaul's SRIV tools http://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/threads/minimauls-saints-row-iv-tools.3188/
  3. Extract unlockables.xtbl from misc_tables.vpp_pc
  4. Put the extracted copy of unlockables.xtbl in the root folder of Saints Row IV. (<YourSteamFolder>\steamapps\common\Saints Row IV)
  5. Open the unlockables.xtbl with your favorite UTF-8 aware Text Editor. I prefer Notepad++
  6. Scroll down to line 5714 where you should see the following Code:

NOTE:
    If you are using another mod and you do not see this block of code at line 5714, then search for Sprinting_Wind and that's the area you'll need to use for the next step.
    Code:
      <Unlockable>
         <Name>Sprinting_wind</Name>
         <Type>
           <Custom></Custom>
           </Type>
         <DisplayName>UNL_SPRINTING_1</DisplayName>
         <Description>UNL_DESC_SPRINTING_1</Description>
         <Image_Source>
           <Filename>ui_reward_super_up_sprint.tga</Filename>
           </Image_Source>
         <Detailed_Description_Text>UNL_DESC_SPRINTING_1</Detailed_Description_Text>
         <Event_Text>UNL_SPRINTING_1</Event_Text>
         <Category>Powers - Sprint</Category>
         <Price>0</Price>
         <_Editor>
           <Category>Entries:Super Powers:Sprint</Category>
           </_Editor>
         <orbs_required>15</orbs_required>
         <Priority>Super_Power_Sprint</Priority>
         <Progression_Preset>3</Progression_Preset>
         <reward_visibility>default</reward_visibility>
         <silent_unlock>False</silent_unlock>
         </Unlockable>
  7. Delete this entire block of code, from the lines <Unlockable> to </Unlockable> (Lines 5714-5736 in default. You may find it at a different location.)
  8. Save the modified file.
  9. Load SRIV
  10. Enjoy a Wind-Free Super-Sprint experience.
  11. ???
  12. Profit.

NOTICE: This will only prevent you from Gathering up stuff behind you as you run, it will NOT stop you from pushing things out of the way if you run into them.

Credit goes to those that mentioned the unlockables as the location needed to look to, to disable it.

I could make this into a mod, but it's better to teach you guys to learn how to do this stuff for yourselves.

Last edited:
I did everything correctly. It didnt work...

I forgot that I had a modded game lol.
Apparently if you have any files that adds unlockables.xtbl on your SRIV directory, you also need to remove the tornado sprint line there.

Last edited:
I did everything correctly. It didnt work...

I forgot that I had a modded game lol.
Apparently if you have any files that adds unlockables.xtbl on your SRIV directory, you also need to remove the tornado sprint line there.
Actually, as it said that in Step 1, if you're using a mod that uses Unlockables.xtbl, you should edit your modded file instead of the one you extracted.

I'll edit the steps to make that information more clear.

Last edited:
Thanks a million for this! I achieved two things from this. 1. I learned a tiny bit about modding SR4, and 2. I have now gotten rid of that annoying tornado effect that makes sprint jacking cars impossible to do!

I haven't tried it, but I imagine you probably can.

Try it and let us know what happens.

Actually, just removing that one line in there that says "<Custom></Custom>" works just as well, with the added benefit of still having it unlocked in case you decide you want it back. Then you can just put that line back.
(Actually I'm not sure, but it might still be marked as unlocked even if you do remove the whole thing.)

Now i can't get the "Where's my cape" achievement, even though i've put the lines back in the file and bought the upgrade again in the game the achievement didn't unlock

Back