Hydraulics Customization Mod v0.1

[V] IdolNinja

Volition Staff
Hydraulics Customization Mod by IdolNinja v0.1

IMPORTANT WARNING!! READ THIS!!

There are some major problems with this mod that you need to know before installing:

* This mod will only work correctly if your garage is clean and does NOT contain any manually saved vehicles or vehicles you customized. Before installing, you must first delete any vehicle from your garage that you have added or customized. Reward vehicles are okay, and you can also safely start a new game/save.

* There are 5 vehicles that hydraulics do not work for. These vehicles do not bounce when you use the dubstep gun on them either:
Bear
Knoxville
Titan
Flatbed
Steelport Municipal

* If you coop with someone who does not have this mod installed, it will likely crash both games the second you try to access a car. This is just a guess though. Please report any results.

* In addition to adding hydraulics, all vehicles in this mod have been edited to make every single customization option available for purchase. Some options may be buggy and not work correctly. Make sure to report any customization problems in the thread.

* For Cthulhu's sake, make sure to create a manual save before installing this mod so that you can revert back if it completely messes up your game. DO NOT RELY ON AUTOSAVE OR YOU MIGHT REGRET IT!

INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS

The mod is too big (111Mb) to upload as an attachment to this thread, so I put it up on our ftp instead:
http://idolninja.saintsrowmods.com/sr4/mods/SR4_Hydraulics_Customization_Mod_v0.1_IdolNinja.rar

Extract the contents of this archive to the SRIV root where the game exe resides:
..\Steam\steamapps\common\Saints Row IV\

NOTE! This mod contains some files that are also in the "customize all vehicles" mod to make things easier; mainly the helicopter and plane files. You can safely overwrite any files with the ones from this archive and have everything all work correctly.

ADDITIONAL STEPS IF YOU ARE USING KEYBOARD AND MOUSE (AND NOT A GAMEPAD)

1. Download and extract this additional archive as well, overwriting control_binding_sets.xtbl from the base mod:
http://idolninja.saintsrowmods.com/sr4/mods/SR4_hydraulics_mod_extra_files_for_kbam.rar

2. Navigate to the following menu: Options/Controls/Set Keys and Buttons
Press F1 to Restore Defaults All Categories

Menu.jpg

NOTE! This will disable the Right Thumbstick on a gamepad for use with hydraulics and make it solely controllable with the mouse!

USING HYDRAULICS

360 Controller:
To use hydraulics in-game, follow these steps:
1. Customize your vehicle and purchase Hydraulics from the Body Mods menu
2. While in the vehicle, click the Left Thumbstick (LS) to activate hydraulics. Once activated, moving the Right Thumbstick will bounce the vehicle. To deactivate, click LS again. If you continue to hold the Right stick in a certain direction, you can lock the hydraulics in place by clicking LS. Click in LS again to unlock.

Mouse and Keyboard:
1. Customize your vehicle and purchase Hydraulics from the Body Mods menu
2. While in the vehicle, press B to activate hydraulics. Moving the mouse will bounce the car up/down and left/right. The faster the mouse motion, the more bounce you will get.
3. Press M to fully extend the hydraulics and lock them. Press M again to release the lock
4. Press B again to turn off hydraulics

*NOTE! Make sure to position your camera first before activating hydraulics since the camera gets locked in place after activating (until you deactivate!)

The following 61 vehicles now have hydraulics options:

Ambulance
Anchor
Atlantica
Atlastbreaker
Attrazione
Betsy
Betsy XL
Blade
Bootlegger
Bootlegger XL
Bulldog
Bulldog w/ Turret
Churchill
Compensator
Criminal
Cyber Bootlegger XL
Cyber Gunslinger
Donovan
Eiswolf
Emu
Gatmobile
Genki Manapult
Genkimobile
Gunslinger
Gunslingerp
Halberd
Hammer
Hammerhead
Hollywood
Infuego
Infuego XL
Justice
Lightning
Lockdown
Mockingbird
Mongoose
N-Forcer
Nyte Blayde
Pacemaker
Peacemaker
Peterliner
Phoenix
Pony Cart
Pulse
Rattler
Raycaster
Relic
Sad Panda
Saints N-Forcer
Sexy Kitten
Solar
Sovereign
Stiletto
Swindle
Taxi
Temptress
Toad
Torch
Varsity
Verminator
Wireframe Peacemaker

6A3AE00E060692920E31C48D1072AB8A93AC887B

638C7FB15DCE1517ABE85AD3C10B9C0659DEBC6D

Old Mods in Progress thread:
http://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/threads/working-hydraulics-already-working.4185/

Last edited:
Everything I know about getting kbam working in case anyone wants to lend a hand:

While the 360 controller works perfectly with hydraulics, the keyboard does not. I have added some entries to the vehicle section of control_binding_sets.xtbl to activate the hydraulics and (hopefully) use the mouse to control them once activated. The activation of the hydraulics works correctly with B in-game (once you reset your bindings with the table in the root.) You can tell they activate because it locks the camera and does not unlock until you press B again to deactivate.

Here are the new entries I added to it. You can also look directly at the modified table which I've attached to this post.
Code:
       <Control>
         <Action>CBA_VDC_HYDRAULICS_TOGGLE</Action>
         <Key>B</Key>
         <Mouse_Button>UNBOUND</Mouse_Button>
         <Debug_Only>False</Debug_Only>
         <Non_Release_Final>False</Non_Release_Final>
         <Alt_Key>UNBOUND</Alt_Key>
         <Alt_Mouse_Button>UNBOUND</Alt_Mouse_Button>
         </Control>
       </Button_Controls>
     <_Editor>
       <Category>Entries</Category>
       </_Editor>
     <Common_Bindings>False</Common_Bindings>
     <Axis_Controls>
       <Axis>
         <Action>CAA_DRIVE_HYDRAULIC_LEFT_RIGHT</Action>
         <Key_Pos></Key_Pos>
         <Key_Neg></Key_Neg>
         <Mouse_Button_Pos>UNBOUND</Mouse_Button_Pos>
         <Mouse_Button_Neg>UNBOUND</Mouse_Button_Neg>
         <Mouse_Axis>MOUSE X</Mouse_Axis>
         <Alt_Key_Pos>UNBOUND</Alt_Key_Pos>
         <Alt_Key_Neg>UNBOUND</Alt_Key_Neg>
         <Alt_Mouse_Button_Pos>UNBOUND</Alt_Mouse_Button_Pos>
         <Alt_Mouse_Button_Neg>UNBOUND</Alt_Mouse_Button_Neg>
         </Axis>
       <Axis>
         <Action>CAA_DRIVE_HYDRAULIC_FRONT_REAR</Action>
         <Key_Pos></Key_Pos>
         <Key_Neg></Key_Neg>
         <Mouse_Button_Pos>UNBOUND</Mouse_Button_Pos>
         <Mouse_Button_Neg>UNBOUND</Mouse_Button_Neg>
         <Mouse_Axis>MOUSE Y</Mouse_Axis>
         <Alt_Key_Pos>UNBOUND</Alt_Key_Pos>
         <Alt_Key_Neg>UNBOUND</Alt_Key_Neg>
         <Alt_Mouse_Button_Pos>UNBOUND</Alt_Mouse_Button_Pos>
         <Alt_Mouse_Button_Neg>UNBOUND</Alt_Mouse_Button_Neg>
         </Axis>

Mike Wilson also took a look:
Mike Wilson aka [V] Knobby said:
Mike Wilson

8:32 AM

asserting that key_pos has no text in control_binding_sets

Mike Wilson

8:36 AM

<Action>CAA_DRIVE_HYDRAULIC_LEFT_RIGHT</Action>
<Key_Pos></Key_Pos>
<Key_Neg></Key_Neg>
not sure if that blows things up or not yet

Mike Wilson

8:38 AM

// set keyboard/mouse binding for an axis action. Doesn't affect
// game controller stick bindings.
static void controls_kbm_set_axis_binding_fast(control_axis_action action, uint32 key_pos, uint32 key_neg, uint32 alt_key_pos, uint32 alt_key_neg, int msbtn_pos, int msbtn_neg, int alt_msbtn_pos, int alt_msbtn_neg, int mouse_control)
{
V_ASSERT(action < NUM_CONTROL_AXIS_ACTIONS);
V_ASSERT_RETURN(key_pos < NUM_KEYBOARD_KEYS);
key_pos is -1 since it is invalid

that's why the keyboard isn't working I bet

Mike Wilson

8:59 AM

As for the crash,it is blowing up because there are more components than it expects...did you use the sr4 cvtf cruncher I gave you?

Mike Wilson

9:04 AM

oh

garage slot add vehicle stores a byte buffer describing the vehicle

do the other vehicles have hydraulics added to the end of the _cust table?

Idol Ninja

9:35 AM

mikew,I'll try adding the hydraulics as the last slot entry. I just sandwiched it in before the decals like the assert had it

Idol Ninja

9:48 AM

I moved the hydraulics entry as the last component slot,and it still crashes

Mike Wilson

10:40 AM

I think the more surprising thing here is that other cars work

if you remove the mod,do the cars in your garage still work?

it doesn't seem like the game likes the options to change after it saves a vehicle

Idol Ninja

10:43 AM

yes,after removing the mod the vehicles work again

Idol Ninja

10:46 AM

though if you customize a vehicle while the mod is installed and_then_remove the mod,it crashes for that vehicle

Mike Wilson

1:02 PM

right,saving to your garage causes a binary blob of data to be saved,which includes component information

adding components to cars causes...interesting issues

something about the components on that car is causing a crash though...the others must somehow just read bad data without crashing

the one you send crashed in color component stuff

Attachments

• control_binding_sets.xtbl
    48.9 KB · Views: 2,245
Holy Shiznit... what did you do to the Torch, that thing is really quick now :oops:

Hydraulics work great!!!

Oh if you have the Nitrous enabled in the phone menu you can kick nitro off, then kick off Hydraulics and do really stupid things :cool:

I am curious as to why keyboard and mouse doesn't work with this.
If you expand the text between Ninja and the Mike Wilson you will be able to see, they currently can not get it to work properly with the keyboard entries.

Idol, have you looked at the key config for SR2's pc version to see what Hydraulics settings are there and maybe see if they can be carried over to the SR4 keyboard config? Just a thought...

Alt Tab'n back to the game... time for some bounce

So what does this do for the gang decals? I believe you mentioned previously that the hydraulics meshed with the gang decals pretty well, am I right?

Oh Saints row 2 fun is you returning home?!?!? Thank you guy

Holy Shiznit... what did you do to the Torch, that thing is really quick now :oops:

Idol, have you looked at the key config for SR2's pc version to see what Hydraulics settings are there and maybe see if they can be carried over to the SR4 keyboard config? Just a thought...

The Torch handling was not touched. You sure that's not just in your head?

SR2 controls were not exposed at all in a table like they are in SRTT and SRIV.

So what does this do for the gang decals? I believe you mentioned previously that the hydraulics meshed with the gang decals pretty well, am I right?

That's a completely separate issue. The fix will just be using the same files as this mod. Our tools can't properly add in new files yet though.

Back