Players size/height when riding in a vehicle INDEPTH DETAIL

To all concerned, I have found a way to change the players height when riding in a vehicle.

I am not sure if this has been accomplished yet by other modders, but I have not yet found any mention of how to do this in any threads or forums.

TEENZY WEENZY TUTORIAL
To begin with, all other height change mods (that I have seen) have ONLY changed the "on-foot" size of the player, because when you entered a vehicle your tall (6ft+++) character
would shrink to their standard lil' default vanilla size (6ft).

STEP 1.
In order to change the size of the character when riding in a vehicle first we need to
edit the height class and height of
</Model><Height_Class>Medium</Height_Class><Height>1.0<
of the
<Character><Name>StyleTest_PC
in the
character_definitions.xtbl file.

Example; My character is
</Model><Height_Class>Big</Height_Class><Height>1.083<

I called my height class "Big" and my character height is "1.083"

This makes my character around 6ft 6inches.

This is because the vanilla standard default 6ft = 72 inches.
72 inches x 1.083 = roughly 78 inches aka 6ft 6

NOTE!! It does NOT matter what you call your characters height class so as long as you create a new height class under the same name in the character_height.xtbl file

STEP 2.
Next we need to open up the character_height.xtbl file
... ...with notepad... ...duh!

Right at the top of the text file you will see this

<root>
<Table>
<Height_Class>
<Name>Small</Name>
<Height>1.689</Height>
<_Editor>
<Category>Entries</Category>
</_Editor>
</Height_Class>
<Height_Class>
<Name>Large</Name>
<Height>1.9</Height>
<_Editor>
</_Editor>
</Height_Class>
<Height_Class>
<Name>Medium</Name>
<Height>1.778</Height>
<_Editor>
</_Editor>
</Height_Class>
</Table>

Now we need to create a new height class
in between the two height classes called
"small" and "medium"
You also need to give it a name and value.
<Name>????</Name>
<Height>????</Height>

IMPORTANT!!! Make sure you name your new height class exactly what you named it in your character_definitions.xtbl file.

Remember, I called my height class "Big"

My example showing the new height class that I added

<root>
<Table>
<Height_Class>
<Name>Small</Name>
<Height>1.689</Height>
<_Editor>
</_Editor>
</Height_Class>
<Height_Class>
<Name>Big</Name>
<Height>1.6417</Height>
<_Editor>
</_Editor>
</Height_Class>
<Height_Class>
<Name>Medium</Name>
<Height>1.778</Height>
<_Editor>
</_Editor>
</Height_Class>
<Height_Class>
<Name>Large</Name>
<Height>1.9</Height>
<_Editor>
</_Editor>
</Height_Class>
</Table>

STEP 3.
NOW in order to make your character exactly the same size while driving as "on foot", you need to do a simple calculation
which is...

Character base height divide by what ever you set your character height to
(in the character_definitions.xtbl file)

Since the default vanilla character height class in the
character_definitions.xtbl file is set to "Medium" this means

Character base height will ALWAYS be 1.778!!!!

So my calculation will be 1.778 divide by 1.083 which equals 1.6417
Place the calculated number in the (<Height>?????</Height>) line

My example

<Height_Class>
<Name>Big</Name>
<Height>1.6417</Height>
<_Editor>
</_Editor>
</Height_Class>

NOW SAVE AND PACK YOUR FILES AND ADD THEM TO THE GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOW if only someone could find out how edit the values of the CUTSCENE HEIGHT!!!
I am sure it will be there somewhere

If someone thinks I have left something out please let me know.

I thank you Six Gun for your very informative and well written tutorial.:D

Are you familiar with the cheat code called "IamGiant" ?

From what I have seen ingame, this cheat code doubles the player size.

I took screenshots of the player standing next to a utility pole in regular size and then after the cheat code "IamGiant" and it appears to double the player's size which would probably be <Height>2</Height>

Would you know which file contains the code that refers to this cheat "IamGiant" ?
I would like to edit the code so that the player would be one and a half times larger ( 1.5 instead of 2 )
Thank you:cool:

I thank you Six Gun for your very informative and well written tutorial.:D

Are you familiar with the cheat code called "IamGiant" ?

From what I have seen ingame, this cheat code doubles the player size.

I took screenshots of the player standing next to a utility pole in regular size and then after the cheat code "IamGiant" and it appears to double the player's size which would probably be <Height>2</Height>

Would you know which file contains the code that refers to this cheat "IamGiant" ?
I would like to edit the code so that the player would be one and a half times larger ( 1.5 instead of 2 )
Thank you:cool:

You can't. None of the cheat information is in a table or other editable format.The only thing you can do with cheats is generally set preexisting flags.

Thank you IdolNinja for the info.;)
You can't. None of the cheat information is in a table or other editable format.
Do you mean that the code is within a file format that we can't extract because the tool required is unavailable or that it's hardcoded within the .exe or other inaccessible format ?:confused:

The only thing you can do with cheats is generally set prexisting flags.
Would you please let me know where these flags are located.:D

Thank you IdolNinja for the info.;)

Do you mean that the code is within a file format that we can't extract because the tool required is unavailable or that it's hardcoded within the .exe or other inaccessible format ?:confused:

Would you please let me know where these flags are located.:D

Unknown; likely hardcoded.

The only cheat info that's accessible is stored in cheats.xtbl. Like all saints row table files, the first place to look is the end section which stores descriptive information about each tag and settings/flags that can be used.

Thanks IdolNinja for the info and pointers.:D
I will look into the cheats.xtbl and see what can be done.

Thanks IdolNinja for the info and pointers.:D
I will look into the cheats.xtbl and see what can be done.

Keep in mind that cheats.xtbl is slightly different from the other xtbl files, in that it has 3 sections.

The first part of the table has the <Table> tag and each sub entry represents a cheat.

The second section is <TableTemplates> and is unique to this particular table file in that it isn't loaded by the game at all. These entries looks like they were just dumped from the SR2 cheats table and used by the devs as a reference/template. Changing these or using them does absolutely nothing.

The third section is <TableDescription> and is the one I was referring you to in my above post. This contains all the info you need to work within the table adding or revising entries including lists of entry types and flags along with verbose descriptions. This section is present in most SR2/SRTT table files and is always the very first place you should look when doing any kind of modding/testing.

The second section is <TableTemplates> and is unique to this particular table file in that it isn't loaded by the game at all. These entries looks like they were just dumped from the SR2 cheats table and used by the devs as a reference/template. Changing these or using them does absolutely nothing.

A big thanks to you IdolNinja for this detailed info.:D
I noticed that "TableTemplates" appears in a few .xtbl files and thought of editing some code within.
But now thanks to you, a lot of time is saved and progress advances further.:cool:
I appreciate all the excellent work you do here.;)

Ah, I wondered when my little tutorial would come in handy.

Ah, I wondered when my little tutorial would come in handy.
Thanks SixGun, or and Tommy V for taking the time to make that very informative, helpful and insightful TEENZY WEENZY TUTORIAL.

Yes, it sure did come in handy.:cool:
It's very nice when people that have discovered some info share it with the rest of us.:D

Back