Saints Row Reboot Texture Unpacker

This is a modified version of scanti's texture tool to work with .cvbm_pc and gvbm_pc textures extracted from the Saints Row Reboot

I have spent the last couple days trying to get the source code for scanti's saints row 3 texture tool decoding the new file format for the textures in Saints Row Reboot. I was able to build a version that will extract most of the textures in the new game. However, while TextureEnum's 413 and 415 appear to be S3TC compression, I'm not 100% sure which one. I have them set to BC5_UNORM for now, but those two might change later (they're viewable, but might create problems when repacked, I'm still working on the repacker).

Otherwise the usage is exactly the same as the original tool here:

To unpack a texture file:

SRRUnpackTextures [optional parameters] <filename>.cvbm_pc>
You need to have the corresponding <filename>.gvbm_pc file in the same directory.

And of course 100% thank you to scanti for actually writing this tool!

Attachments

• SRRTextureUtilities0.1.zip
    610.6 KB · Views: 541
The link to the original SR3 tools have more details on usage. To get to the texture files you have to extract the vcc_pc files and str_2 files using the Minimaul tools here.

I don't think there are any binaries prebuilt, and I don't really feel comfortable building Minimaul's code and sharing it. scanti's texture tools aren't on Github and haven't been developed in years so I think it's okay to share a modified version of them. With Minimaul's tools, I'm going to open a PR, hopefully by the end of the week with repacking working (without repacking there's no point in any of this), and defer to him on how/if binaries can/should be distributed.

Long story short, for now, you have to build the agentsofmayhem branch, extract the vcc_pc files (I've been testing with city.vcc_pc) then inside there extract some str_2 files, and the gvbm_pc and cvbm_pc texture files are in there.

The link to the original SR3 tools have more details on usage. To get to the texture files you have to extract the vcc_pc files and str_2 files using the Minimaul tools here.

I don't think there are any binaries prebuilt, and I don't really feel comfortable building Minimaul's code and sharing it. scanti's texture tools aren't on Github and haven't been developed in years so I think it's okay to share a modified version of them. With Minimaul's tools, I'm going to open a PR, hopefully by the end of the week with repacking working (without repacking there's no point in any of this), and defer to him on how/if binaries can/should be distributed.

Long story short, for now, you have to build the agentsofmayhem branch, extract the vcc_pc files (I've been testing with city.vcc_pc) then inside there extract some str_2 files, and the gvbm_pc and cvbm_pc texture files are in there.

I have the tool's currently in a folder, along with your file you uploaded which I'm extremely grateful for :) .

I'm not a huge modding wiz, but the tool's regarding SR I have no clue about, complete newbie, so I'm trying to learn how to use them so I can help make mods for people. I made some GTA: SA mods on nexus and reshades for other games etc.. but again with SR it's new territory but I'd 1000% appreciate any advice, guidance and help that's given as I want to turn modding into a hobby.

I can understand wholeheartedly about Minimaul's code with sharing etc.. 'agentsofmayhem branch, extract the vcc_pc files' that's not currently available to do with minimaul's tools or your file right? or did I read that wrong?

I would love to create a DM with you and stay in touch if that's possible? I'd love to learn and help in anyway I can as I'm 100% committed.

Right now, if you build the agentsofmayhem branch you can extract the vcc_pc and str_2 files. With this tool in this thread, you can extract the cvbm_pc and gvbm_pc textures files that are in the str_2 files. However, modding purposes, we need to be able to repackage everything. I'm working on adding repackaging the vcc_pc files now to Minimaul's code, and then I'm going to move on to the lower level files.

It seems like a lot of the hard work has already been done for a lot of these files and the old tools just need a little updating, some more than others. I probably won't actually play through the whole game until they fix the aiming, so I'm getting my money's worth just deciphering the files for now :D, which will hopefully turn into some tools that can help modders fix the game.

I downloaded those two and put them next to SRRUnpackTextures and now its giving me a different error
Same here, this is the error I get.

1662695482675.png

Back