SPOILERS I want everyones honest opinion

The setting look pretty good for now tho, peds doing interesting stuff here and there, distinct districts, and for the first time ever in an SR game: a countryside! Only bummer for now is the lack of enter-able buildings outside of stores and mission areas. So it might not be as good as Stilwaters, but it's already miles better than Steelport.
Even New Hades had more personality than Steelport.

I don't think SR4 has any redeeming qualities. Again I don't like to shit on Volition because I'm sure they always try their best with what they have, but they really dropped the ball with this game. Sometimes I even wonder if I don't prefer SRGooH to SR4 :/
I agree for the most part, but I don't think much of both SRIV & SRGOH.

I see, I guess it makes sense if it's just distraction that you're after. Games have always been a good source of escapism, but for me personally I find it hard to escape into a world if I can see flaws in it.
I mean, a world without flaws is just an idealistic fantasy... Every world has its flaws, this world, game worlds, there'll never be one perfect world that appeals to all of humanity, because everyone's view of perfection is different, to have flaws, is to be human.

The features you don't like about the new Saints Row, might be someone else's favorite features. Not saying they're my favorite features, but they'll be someone's.

Same goes the other way too. The features you do like, someone else may not... But if all the features that got even just a few complaints, got removed, there'd be no game left.

Parents: Too violent. = Violence removed... Well that's already most of the game anyway... But you get the idea.

Last edited:
Tossing grenades animation from srtt are back and that sucks.. weird they adding moving animation like sr2 when purchase cloth... This is why they said"It just SRTT 3.5" because the shooting animation,running,And all of it except the wingsuits almost same like srtt

But my main problem with the factions apart from Marshall using space-age equipment are the many weird design decisions, that make the factions (especially the cops and Marshalls) look off :
-SWAT using marked unarmored vehicles (that never happens in real life as far as I know)
-cops wearing cyan on their uniforms (again neither the Las Vegas PD, the Reno PD or the Nevada State Troopers wear cyan, nor any police force in the US for that matter)
-Marshalls wearing helmets but no bulletproof vests (so they protect themselves against shrapnel but not against bullet? wtf...)
Tbh I kinda get this, at first I didn't like Marshall because they felt like they were really forcing the high tech to exist. But seeing more of them, idk they kinda grew on me. Like in all footage, they def don't seem to use a lot of high tech weapons like STAG, except for few abilities like the lasso thing.

As for the cops wearing cyan (I think its suppose to be teal), its because city's official color is teal. I do think it looks rather weird combined with the rest of their outfit lol

Could Marshall bulletproof armor be somehow infused into their outfit? Like some plating sewed inside their outfit to protect them? Idk much about combat wear...

Tossing grenades animation from srtt are back and that sucks.. weird they adding moving animation like sr2 when purchase cloth... This is why they said"It just SRTT 3.5" because the shooting animation,running,And all of it except the wingsuits almost same like srtt
"If it ain't broke, don't fix it"

Marshall Army will just like the others except their robot will be more resist from bullets and Harder than SRIV murderbots... STAg wearing armor too but as we can see they can die so easily too

I guess criminals find the weirdest thing to get upset about, even in our world. :p I guess in his mind, he's thinking about the long-term goal and impact. Fossil fuel will end with the world being FUBAR'd. So he's against it. His friends murdering? It's to help their criminal empire so he's cool with that.

Like I said, criminals operate on their own MO. :p
I understand this perspective, but it's mainly the psychological aspect that bugs me. Once someone starts to take people's lives directly, they shouldn't feel any remorse for polluting a bit.
Maybe they envisioned Eli as a character with a vision for the future, for both his criminal empire and the world at large, but the execution feels off. Or maybe it's just a single throwaway line that wasn't really thought through, in a attempt to give him a bit more personality.

If you said What do you prefer SWAT Team from SRTT and this from SRR or SR2 SWAT Team.. so far i prefer SR2 Swat team and FBI they are insane (sorry if this OOT) i miss the enemies bump you so hard with their trucks and Their SUV FBI.. in the next game we didnt see that again.. Volition know the enemies ai back then its really hard the toned down after that and i hate it.

Tornado AI i might afraid off just like SRTT not really that smart.. in SR2 they are so professional always shoot you with the right position.
Yeah, the enemy AI in SR2 was really ruthless at higher notoriety because they would try to ram you before engaging on foot (that on top of the better Tornado AI), you really had to be constantly on edge if you wanted to stay in an open area. But I still prefer engaging enemies in SR3 rather than in SR2, because of their variety. For example, in SR2 you would only find SWAT guys at roadblocks, while in SR3 they are at the roadblocks, they also come to you in Bears to drain your health with their turret, or in Lockdowns to ragdoll you with their shields, or they might get dropped off via helicopter.

About the reboot, all the enemy factions look fun to engage and diverse, I just don't like the design of the cops and the Marshalls.

I mean, a world without flaws is just an idealistic fantasy... Every world has its flaws, this world, game worlds, there'll never be one perfect world that appeals to all of humanity, because everyone's view of perfection is different, to have flaws, is to be human.

The features you don't like about the new Saints Row, might be someone else's favorite features. Not saying they're my favorite features, but they'll be someone's.

Same goes the other way too. The features you do like, someone else may not... But if all the features that got even just a few complaints, got removed, there'd be no game left.

Parents: Too violent. = Violence removed... Well that's already most of the game anyway... But you get the idea.
True, but this game is obviously not made for "Mary Whitehouse" type parents. It's made for SR fans. I understand that Volition couldn't have possibly made a game that pleases the entirety of their fanbase, but they should have tried, and they didn't. That's the main issue.

Most of the "flaws" that I described, I would assume, are actual flaws to most SR fans weather they came from SR3 or earlier titles, based on what people didn't like when SR3, SR4, GooH and AoM came out.
People who started with SR3 didn't buy that game because of STAG, likewise most people who started with SR4 didn't buy it because of the Zin. Most people just like these games because it's fun to create your character and to fuck shit up in the open world.

If Marshall had been a more down to earth PMC, or even a bunch of cowboy cosplayers, almost none of the existing SR fans would have mourned the loss of laser guns and hovercrafts, and if Kevin had not been a social media addict absolutely none of the existing SR fans would have said "Man I really wish those characters I play as acted more like a parody of Gen Z young adults."

With the Marshalls Volition willingly left out those who didn't like SR3 and SR4 because of sci-fi, and with the "smartphone" and "social media" culture Volition also tried to appeal to a brand new fanbase.
When you have a fanbase that is as divided and broken as the SR fanbase, your priority as a developer should be to try and bring as much of your fanbase as possible together, and not to try and bring even more new fans.
Volition's goals were flawed from the start with this game it seems.

And yes unlike what some people seem to think, a divide in a game community cannot be fixed by the fans themselves, the developer has to take action. This is why the Fallout series is a dumpster fire rn, while the latest Resident Evil games are getting praises left and right.

True, but this game is obviously not made for "Mary Whitehouse" type parents. It's made for SR fans. I understand that Volition couldn't have possibly made a game that pleases the entirety of their fanbase, but they should have tried, and they didn't. That's the main issue.

Most of the "flaws" that I described, I would assume, are actual flaws to most SR fans weather they came from SR3 or earlier titles, based on what people didn't like when SR3, SR4, GooH and AoM came out.
People who started with SR3 didn't buy that game because of STAG, likewise most people who started with SR4 didn't buy it because of the Zin. Most people just like these games because it's fun to create your character and to fuck shit up in the open world.

If Marshall had been a more down to earth PMC, or even a bunch of cowboy cosplayers, almost none of the existing SR fans would have mourned the loss of laser guns and hovercrafts, and if Kevin had not been a social media addict absolutely none of the existing SR fans would have said "Man I really wish those characters I play as acted more like a parody of Gen Z young adults."

With the Marshalls Volition willingly left out those who didn't like SR3 and SR4 because of sci-fi, and with the "smartphone" and "social media" culture Volition also tried to appeal to a brand new fanbase.
When you have a fanbase that is as divided and broken as the SR fanbase, your priority as a developer should be to try and bring as much of your fanbase as possible together, and not to try and bring even more new fans.
Volition's goals were flawed from the start with this game it seems.

And yes unlike what some people seem to think, a divide in a game community cannot be fixed by the fans themselves, the developer has to take action. This is why the Fallout series is a dumpster fire rn, while the latest Resident Evil games are getting praises left and right.
Oh wait...

I'm 27, which generation does that make me... Because that might have something to do with my view of this game...

I don't really know if this is relevant, but it just came to my mind for some reason.

I mean, it shouldn't really matter, as I started with SR2 anyway... But still... I kinda like all the hoverboards and sci-fi stuff... Except SRIV's Zin Empire... That was just too much.

I loved SRGOH's Hell theme... But the game itself was just so rushed, had virtually no story, and was generally lacking a lot of what makes an SR game.

Last edited:
Tbh I kinda get this, at first I didn't like Marshall because they felt like they were really forcing the high tech to exist. But seeing more of them, idk they kinda grew on me. Like in all footage, they def don't seem to use a lot of high tech weapons like STAG, except for few abilities like the lasso thing.

As for the cops wearing cyan (I think its suppose to be teal), its because city's official color is teal. I do think it looks rather weird combined with the rest of their outfit lol

Could Marshall bulletproof armor be somehow infused into their outfit? Like some plating sewed inside their outfit to protect them? Idk much about combat wear...

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it"

SR3 they are at the roadblocks, they also come to you in Bears to drain your health with their turret, or in Lockdowns to ragdoll you with their shields, or they might get dropped off via helicopter.
In SR2 we have that Bear too... When you keep fighting with them, not long the police Starting to get serious by trying to Prepare some Spike trap and i saw that was cool... Rather thain waiting them to get dropped i rather getting shoot with Tornado chopper and The news Oppresor taking my action by record it... When you realize Police in Stilwater more Serious since they mad People more praise you than themselves.

Short answer : Kinda, but their design is flawed, you could also just pretend that they use energy shielding like Master Chief, since the technology is all over the place in this game.

Long answer : Bulletproof clothing (made out of Kevlar among other things) does exist, but it's much less effective and not something you would be wearing if there was a real possibility of getting shot at and you had some time to prepare.
Most soldiers, mercenaries and tactical police units, when going on a mission, will wear typical bulletproof vests like those you see in video games, because it is the most effective way to hold those protective pieces in place (if your vest fits your corpulence, that is). Those are also called "plate carriers" to distinguish them from vests made from synthetic fibers (Kevlar), these are directly made of bulletproof material and therefore don't include plates, but they are much less effective (what the SR2 regular cops sometimes wear).
These plates are usually made of ceramic or metal, in any case they are heavy and thick, if they were inside their outfits and held by cloth (even if they made a system specifically designed for that) the plate would bump around everywhere as soon as they would start walking (let alone running) and it would be extremely uncomfortable (that's why it's important to wear a bulletproof vest tightly around your body), the outfit would also deteriorate very quickly.
From looking at those outfits a bit more, it seems like the blue part is supposed to be bulletproof while the white part is just cloth, there are definitely no plates in here, or else it wouldn't be able to bend to go around the whole upper torso, it looks more like a synthetic fiber but even then, it's too soft around the shoulders to be that.
Even supposing that the Kevlar in that blue piece is everywhere except around the articulations, there are still two major problems :
-Kevlar barely even protects against small calibers, why would a PMC that sends its soldiers into heated situations choose this over plates?
-the lower back, lower sides and lower stomach sides are completely unprotected (protecting your back and sides is a bit less important than protecting the front of your body, some vests designs even only allow for a front plate, but protecting only parts of the front and parts of the back is completely retarded, with the Marshall design, if the enemy is aiming at the center of mass, there's a 50% chance they'll hit the unprotected part if facing the back, and a 25% chance if they are facing each other)

Too many technology makes the games easier.. i mean Watch dogs has hack system but still the dev want you to use your real guns too not counting your little gadgets everytimes you want

Oh wait...

I'm 27, which generation does that make me... Because that might have something to do with my view of this game...

I don't really know if this is relevant, but it just came to my mind for some reason.

I mean, it shouldn't really matter, as I started with SR2 anyway... But still... I kinda like all the hoverboards and sci-fi stuff... Except SRIV's Zin Empire... That was just too much.

I loved SRGOH's Hell theme... But the game itself was just so rushed, had virtually no story, and was generally lacking a lot of what makes an SR game.
I don't think so, even though generations can be used to classify people according to what they like, it's generally more broad than what kind of fiction they like.

I don't even have a problem with sci-fi stuff myself. It just pisses me off when some elements don't make sense with the rest of the world. Volition should have made a 100% futuristic game (and call it something else than SR).

Pretty much 100% agree about GooH.

In SR2 we have that Bear too...
Yeah but it's a bit lackluster since they don't come to you, you have to come to them. And they don't even use the turret.

Back