SPOILERS I want everyones honest opinion

Snoop Dogg had already served his time when he became famous, he wasn't a wanted criminal. Unlike the protagonists of the new game.
My man, who said this was a story about how the Saints become celebrities lol. Characters having aspirations and dreams =/= game's goal
In the previous games you could still interact with the gangs, even after 100%ing them. Mostly through activities and diversions, but also in the open world. I suspect it will be the same with this one.
"Previous games" being Saints Row: The Third only...
With the Marshalls looking goofy af, and the cops looking pretty lackluster, that doesn't leave me with a whole lot of other options :/
Cops literally have SWAT and National Guard lol, you'll be fine

Gat’s probably a popular patient in the hospital. :p No wonder the Boss didn’t need to sign him in — they were probably all, ‘Yep, yep, Gat nearly gets killed again and needs our help. We’ll take it from here.

Not sure where the Eli burning the world down thing came from, but I’ll say this: Even Evil Has Standards. Just because he’s an immoral criminal only interested in money and himself doesn’t mean he wants to turn Earth into a lifeless, barren husk. If someone asked him if he’d use, say, nuclear weapons to achieve his goals, I’m sure he’d wonder what drugs they were on. He cares about money, yes. He wants to beat everyone else and come out on top, yes. But I’m fairly certain he doesn’t want to destroy the world while doing it. He’s not a James Bond villain. He’s not gonna be petting Snickerdoodles while standing next to a launching nuclear warhead going, ‘No, my friend, I expect you to die. It’s all going according to plan muwahahahahahaha!’

Heck, even Gat and OG Boss had their standards, even if it were merely not screwing over their own friends for their goals.

Last edited:
If Eli has Revelation mission like julius i'm gonna have fun to take him out

I always come back to both SR2 and SR3 from time to time.
SR2 for the immersion factor : the flurry of enter-able buildings with distinct interiors, the interactions with the peds, the idle animations (I never managed to join the cheerleaders myself, despite the wiki stating that it is possible, I always joined those doing Tai Chi instead).
It's the immersion factor that keeps me interested in a game. That's why I always come back to SR2.

SR3 because I have never ever EVER found another game in which you can have a 3 way, or even 4 way fight on such a massive scale, add in the impressive enemy variety for an open world crime game (footsoldiers, with guns, explosives, shields, attack helicopters, snipers, rollerbladers, APCs, turret mounted Humvees, tanks, 3 types of brutes and even zombies) and you end up with complete and utter CHAOS.
All that is fun, but fights and battles aside... Steelport is almost completely un-interactive... And that's what has me worried that I'll just return to SR2 after completing SRR.

I need to say this again but Saints Row the Third is the uncontested king in terms of open world mayhem out of this entire franchise.
And if you compare it to every other single open world game that has ever been released, it's pretty high up.
And I fucking despise SR4 because it butchered the notoriety system, and ruined that perfect storm. 😢
Not to mention they made Steelport even worse in SRIV, by removing everything from the city that wasn't generic. And replaced all the 3d windows on buildings with flat stickers.

I won't pretend that I understand your state of mind or that I know what you've been through, but as a rule of thumb, accepting everything given to you no matter the quality isn't going to make you happy, it's just going to lower your standards.
My standards are: "If it keeps my mind distracted, happy, and away from depressing thoughts until I can begin my transition, then it's good enough for now".

Pointing out flaws is just as important as pointing out things done right : that's commonly called constructive criticism :) It's the middle ground between being a fanboy and being a hater, neither of these mindsets help artists improve themselves.
True.

And from what I've seen of the actual phone map, I'm questioning if this truly is the biggest open world they've done in a SR game... They really need to show off the full map size and boundaries in the next video.

That's why I like forums.
Same.

Last edited:
I'm afraid the amusement park are useless cannot be used hope my feeling was wrong.. i wanted so hard to try it... We need more some amusement park like this like Bully games to have fun after get stressed out to think about next plan

I'm afraid the amusement park are useless cannot be used hope my feeling was wrong.. i wanted so hard to try it... We need more some amusement park like this like Bully games to have fun after get stressed out to think about next plan
Yeah, unfortunately, that Amusement Park is long since decommissioned, and is now under The Idols' rule.

My man, who said this was a story about how the Saints become celebrities lol. Characters having aspirations and dreams =/= game's goal
I don't know, I just said that Kevin was an influencer, and therefore some kind of celebrity. He even acknowledges that he has a social media following.
I never said that this was what the main story was about, just that it was a recurring element.

"Previous games" being Saints Row: The Third only...
And SR2... And SR1 as well.
You still fight them through activities and diversions, and you can still aggro them in the open world, in both those games.

Cops literally have SWAT and National Guard lol, you'll be fine
So yeah, after digging a bit more I did find a picture of a SWAT Lockdown, which is weird because it never shows up in videos, the SWAT guys always use their stupid looking SUV instead.
index.jpg

The police does look a bit more interesting now, and knowing that the National Guard makes a return is nice too.

Overall the factions and notoriety system do look promising. I especially like the fact that they specifically all made them fight differently, showing they understand one of the strongest points of SR3 and want to expand on it.

But my main problem with the factions apart from Marshall using space-age equipment are the many weird design decisions, that make the factions (especially the cops and Marshalls) look off :
-SWAT using marked unarmored vehicles (that never happens in real life as far as I know)
-cops wearing cyan on their uniforms (again neither the Las Vegas PD, the Reno PD or the Nevada State Troopers wear cyan, nor any police force in the US for that matter)
-Marshalls wearing helmets but no bulletproof vests (so they protect themselves against shrapnel but not against bullet? wtf...)

Gat’s probably a popular patient in the hospital. :p No wonder the Boss didn’t need to sign him in — they were probably all, ‘Yep, yep, Gat nearly gets killed again and needs our help. We’ll take it from here.

Not sure where the Eli burning the world down thing came from, but I’ll say this: Even Evil Has Standards. Just because he’s an immoral criminal only interested in money and himself doesn’t mean he wants to turn Earth into a lifeless, barren husk. If someone asked him if he’d use, say, nuclear weapons to achieve his goals, I’m sure he’d wonder what drugs they were on. He cares about money, yes. He wants to beat everyone else and come out on top, yes. But I’m fairly certain he doesn’t want to destroy the world while doing it. He’s not a James Bond villain. He’s not gonna be petting Snickerdoodles while standing next to a launching nuclear warhead going, ‘No, my friend, I expect you to die. It’s all going according to plan muwahahahahahaha!’

Heck, even Gat and OG Boss had their standards, even if it were merely not screwing over their own friends for their goals.
I just feel that it's weird for a character to be against fossil fuel, something that will barely have an impact during his lifetime, while also being fine with murder being committed by his friends, something much more tangible.

All that is fun, but fights and battles aside... Steelport is almost completely un-interactive... And that's what has me worried that I'll just return to SR2 after completing SRR.
The setting look pretty good for now tho, peds doing interesting stuff here and there, distinct districts, and for the first time ever in an SR game: a countryside! Only bummer for now is the lack of enter-able buildings outside of stores and mission areas. So it might not be as good as Stilwaters, but it's already miles better than Steelport.

Not to mention they made Steelport even worse in SRIV, by removing everything from the city that wasn't generic. And replaced all the 3d windows on buildings with flat stickers.
I don't think SR4 has any redeeming qualities. Again I don't like to shit on Volition because I'm sure they always try their best with what they have, but they really dropped the ball with this game. Sometimes I even wonder if I don't prefer SRGooH to SR4 :/

My standards are: "If it keeps my mind distracted, happy, and away from depressing thoughts until I can begin my transition, then it's good enough for now".
I see, I guess it makes sense if it's just distraction that you're after. Games have always been a good source of escapism, but for me personally I find it hard to escape into a world if I can see flaws in it.

I just feel that it's weird for a character to be against fossil fuel, something that will barely have an impact during his lifetime, while also being fine with murder being committed by his friends, something much more tangible.
I guess criminals find the weirdest thing to get upset about, even in our world. :p I guess in his mind, he's thinking about the long-term goal and impact. Fossil fuel will end with the world being FUBAR'd. So he's against it. His friends murdering? It's to help their criminal empire so he's cool with that.

Like I said, criminals operate on their own MO. :p

If you said What do you prefer SWAT Team from SRTT and this from SRR or SR2 SWAT Team.. so far i prefer SR2 Swat team and FBI they are insane (sorry if this OOT) i miss the enemies bump you so hard with their trucks and Their SUV FBI.. in the next game we didnt see that again.. Volition know the enemies ai back then its really hard the toned down after that and i hate it.

Tornado AI i might afraid off just like SRTT not really that smart.. in SR2 they are so professional always shoot you with the right position.

Back