Visuals & Graphics Remastered ReShade (and possibly modpack too)

As a reshade fan I look forward to seeing the result. Try encogens fancy TOD mod in the mods in progress sub forum and the colour matrix shader....this is off the top off my head but I think that should help as a start point for the evening/sunset TOD atleast.
Hey, thank you for the suggestions! The sunset TOD looks a lot more like it does in the trailer (I did find that the TOD transitions into another one after some time) and I did use a little bit of the colour matrix shader too. I think it made it look more hazy which is what i'm looking for but it affects the night a little bit with the signs' vibrance. I'm still trying to figure out how I can make the shadows darker from ReShade without resorting to modding. Btw this is what it currently looks like (in the link), it's still in progress though as I'm trying to make it as close as I can to the visuals of the trailer.

7ChjHrt.jpg

Hqhqu1w.jpg

As you can see, the sunset looks mostly accurate but the rusty needles sign looks kinda washed from the shader at night. I plan on eventually tomorrow (technically it's already tomorrow today but almost an hour after midnight as of writing this) creating a thread for this reshade (and possibly a modpack if it ever gets the chance to evolve into that).

EDIT 1: Alright since the thread has already been created (this post was originally in the remastered announcement thread but has been moved for being off-topic), I'll be posting my updates here. Everybody is welcomed to post their own suggestions and updates to their own versions of this ReShade! I'll eventually merge these versions with the main version. Also the main preset is now linked along with ReShade already supplied and encogens' Fancy TOD. My goal for this thread is to give the players that don't want to give Epic their hard earned money a experience close to of the Remastered game. To simply put it; turn the original into the remastered with the likes of ReShade and eventually some modding (textures, lighting, etc).

- Port Remastered Shaundi (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2050979938) over from SR4 to SRTT with permission from author
- Retexture the whole city with new textures resembling the remastered Steelport (either from ripping the textures using NinjaRipper after the game has released or make new textures from scratch with references ofc
- Give Pierce his patterned remastered suit and makeover
- Recolor the tint of Johnny's and the Gat suit's glasses to purple if possible and schedule him a appointment for chin surgery
- Create new textures for the player's clothes, skin, hair, eyes, beards, etc
- Cancel Oleg's Dollar Shave Club subscription and let him grow out hair on his body and on top of his head
- Stop Phillipe from looking younger and hiding up those wrinkles
- Give Cyrus the facial treatment he deserves
- Tell the guys over at Friendly Fire to send back their weapons for a makeover treatment
- Reboot Nyte Blayde and give him a similar design but try not to fuck it up like the Fantasic Four
- Order every citizen in Steelport new clothes and accessories
- Request Mayor Reynolds to give the police department new uniforms
- Discuss a Saints Row: Battle Royale spin off with Volition
- 2020-ify the main menu, the loading screen, and the HUD
- Request your gang members to get new remastered looking looks
- Somehow get the syndicate jealous and hope they don't look even better than us at the Steelport Annual Gang Beauty Pageant
- Remaster Matt's cyber citadel
- Modernize Johnny Cat
- Buy Zimos pink hair dye and new but similar threads
- Ethically give Prof. Genki his remastered design

EDIT 2:
1. Download the latest version from the official website: https://reshade.me/
2. (OPTIONAL) Drag your recently downloaded setup.exe to your desktop or wherever else you want for safekeeping.
3. Run the downloaded setup.exe and direct it to your game's .exe when the window first pops up (SaintsRowTheThird_DX11 - Directx 10/11, SaintsRowTheThird - Directx 9)
4. If you are using 4.6.1 and newer, it'll ask you what shaders you want to download. Scroll down all the way to the bottom and click on the legacy shaders.
5. Depending on the Directx version you chose, for example we'll be using SaintsRowTheThird_DX11.exe, click on Direct3D 10/11/12 and let it download the shaders.
6. For additional options, click on "Edit ReShade Options" and you'll see some options here. On my end, I've ticked "Skip Tutorial" and selected the preset I wanted to use (my preset in this case)
7. (OPTIONAL) Tick "Performance Mode" if you have a low end machine or a laptop that can not run this game very well.

EDIT 3: Uploaded v2 of the modpack! Also added a to-do list!

Attachments

• Remastered_Recreation_Modpack.zip
    9.6 MB · Views: 2,113
  • R.R.M_v2.zip
    9.8 MB · Views: 2,020
Last edited:
Looks awesome
It really looks like the remaster!
Thanks guys, I'm really glad y'all think that of my preset! :)

I cant get this to work. Can you add a installation instructions? I have no idea how to use reshade lmao
Colbydash, can you please attach a guide how to install the mod?
Sure, I'd be more than happy to write out a guide! I'll also include this in the most post too.
1. Download the latest version from the official website: https://reshade.me/
2. (OPTIONAL) Drag your recently downloaded setup.exe to your desktop or wherever else you want for safekeeping.
3. Run the downloaded setup.exe and direct it to your game's .exe when the window first pops up (SaintsRowTheThird_DX11 - Directx 10/11, SaintsRowTheThird - Directx 9)
4. If you are using 4.6.1 and newer, it'll ask you what shaders you want to download. Scroll down all the way to the bottom and click on the legacy shaders.
5. Depending on the Directx version you chose, for example we'll be using SaintsRowTheThird_DX11.exe, click on Direct3D 10/11/12 and let it download the shaders.
6. For additional options, click on "Edit ReShade Options" and you'll see some options here. On my end, I've ticked "Skip Tutorial" and selected the preset I wanted to use (my preset in this case)
7. (OPTIONAL) Tick "Performance Mode" if you have a low end machine or a laptop that can not run this game very well.

Can't get this preset or reshade to work at all. Apparently it's loaded because when I start the game, everything is pitch dark and only UI elements are visible but pressing Home doesn't open anything. Nor is there any info or fix known for this issue that seems to be happening for almost 8 years in different games if forum posts and Reddit hold any truth at all. Doesn't matter if I install it with legacy shaders, sweetfx or just throw RRM v2 alone in the game folder.

Also some info on what legacy and standard effects are required would help. All of them? Some? Standard effects too or only legacy?

Back