Saints Row vs GTA Revisited

Well ... In GTA Series The storylines are really Great but after you finish it There's nothing more to do than Messing around or make random chaos ( Which Saints Row did better), And you cant even Create your own character ( Except GTA Online )

And in Saints Row even if you Finish the Game you still can enjoy the game because there are activities , Side Mission , Easter eggs, etc. you can also create Character which GTA series Cannot

But honestly i like GTA more than Saints Row Because the amount of details in the Game Especially GTAIV with the Physics, Driving, Also a lot more uneccesary stuffs like Giving a Hobo some money , The storylines Are also Epic Especially GTAIV , GTAV , GTASA ( Gtasa Feels like Rags To riches but in gangster style tho)

Thats all my opininon :')

But honestly i like GTA more than Saints Row Because the amount of details in the Game Especially GTAIV with the Physics, Driving, Also a lot more uneccesary stuffs like Giving a Hobo some money
I do have to admit, those little unnecessary details really do make the world of GTA feel a lot more real. I even like to sit in taxi cabs for the whole ride even though you can skip it -- just because it feels so immersive. And riding the subway is very fun. But while their attention to detail is second to none, the GTA games are still primarily based on real-world places. The Saints Row series created some amazing purely fictional locations which gave us totally new and unexpected worlds to explore. Familiar, yet unfamiliar. I hope the next Saints Row game is able to add more of those little details. I know those little details are the first things to be cut when game development runs behind schedule (e.g. the ladders and trains in SR3 that were clearly supposed to work, originally). But they really do make a difference.

I do have to admit, those little unnecessary details really do make the world of GTA feel a lot more real. I even like to sit in taxi cabs for the whole ride even though you can skip it -- just because it feels so immersive. And riding the subway is very fun. But while their attention to detail is second to none, the GTA games are still primarily based on real-world places. The Saints Row series created some amazing purely fictional locations which gave us totally new and unexpected worlds to explore. Familiar, yet unfamiliar. I hope the next Saints Row game is able to add more of those little details. I know those little details are the first things to be cut when game development runs behind schedule (e.g. the ladders and trains in SR3 that were clearly supposed to work, originally). But they really do make a difference.
Well said!
As tedious as they can be sometimes, I absolutely love immersive details and diversions, they make the world feel more alive which gives depth to everything in the game.
One of my main issues with the newer Saints Row games (SR:TT on) is how they go overboard with unnecessary QOL features and shortcuts which just makes me feel less invested in the world—it even feels like they're encouraging us to not get invested!— A good example would be cribs. In SR1 and SR2 I walk to my wardrobe and change my clothes there, and walk to my garage and access my vehicles there. Now, I don't watch my character button up his shirt and my car wasn't parked outside my crib, but it did the job. In SR:TT I have this big awesome dream penthouse, but I can access everything from my clothes, to my weapons and even my garage from any point of the crib. This may sound convenient on paper but in reality it just gives me absolutely no reason to explore my big, fancy, dream penthouse crib. This is what I love about the first two games; In SR1 I feel like I'm stepping into the shoes of a thug, and in SR2 I feel like literally anything is possible. It's a nice feeling to get from a game, and I believe a game with a fully customizable character could really benefit from embracing that.
I think Volition are actively trying to lean to more of an arcade game so they can avoid the criticism GTA IV got from its large emphasis on simulating reality in the most questionable of ways, and while I hated GTA IV for playing like punishment chores from hell, I don't want Volition to take it too far with the unnecessary shortcuts. I have a lot of faith in Volition and know the new game will be awesome and blow me away on multiple levels...I'm also 200% sure there'll be some aspects if it I completely disagree with...but I'm really excited for it regardless.

But this is what I adore about SR2 though. Randomly spawning barber shops quartet NPC's anyone?
SR2 had that alright, and it certainly was epic. Saints Row: The Third didn't—and don't even get me started on Saints Row IV's virtual simulation

Saints Row: The Third didn't—and don't even get me started on Saints Row IV's virtual simulation[/QUOTE said:
Well atleast the cars had turn signals, didnt exsist in gta lol

u picked the worst 3d gta, GTA San Andreas is still the best GTA, but SR2 feels like a GTA SA Plus to me.

C'mon man GTA 4's story and protagonist are amazing. And SR2 and GTA SA are nothing alike I'm sorry. It's like saying I dunno, Heavy Rain and Life Is Strange are the same because they're both choice based interactive stories (hopefully someone gets the reference).

SR2 had that alright, and it certainly was epic. Saints Row: The Third didn't—and don't even get me started on Saints Row IV's virtual simulation
Yes, I agree. SR1 and SR2 were the best as far as those little immersive details. Remember, SR1 is the only SR game where you could actually "ride" the train, and it had awesome lightning storms! The details started falling off significantly with SR3, and SR4 was really poor in that regard. That's actually a big reason why SR4 is my least favorite SR game. I find the world quite boring. And then AOM continued the trend, where you don't even open the door to get in a car! You just magically teleport in. The ultimate in laziness! :rolleyes:

Back