I can't recall if this is a known issue with the game or an issue with a mod, but when I can around the map at distances or when flying/at a high height, parts of the map just turn black and disappear, usually in large square chunks. I'm thinking it's an issue with LOD (level of detail) but I'm not sure.

Any ideas?

I can't recall if this is a known issue with the game or an issue with a mod, but when I can around the map at distances or when flying/at a high height, parts of the map just turn black and disappear, usually in large square chunks. I'm thinking it's an issue with LOD (level of detail) but I'm not sure.

Any ideas?
Do you use any texture pack mods?

Yes, I'm currently using the SR2 HD mega texture pack alongside the SR1 texture pack + GoTR.
Might be worth posting the issue in that mods thread.
Try uninstalling all the files from the mod then reinstall the mod, you could have an older version of it (or leftover files from an older version), if that doesn't work try V3, I heard some files from it are missing in a later version.

Might be worth posting the issue in that mods thread.
Try uninstalling all the files from the mod then reinstall the mod, you could have an older version of it (or leftover files from an older version), if that doesn't work try V3, I heard some files from it are missing in a later version.
Texture packs cause this issue, from what I know there is no direct fix.

Back