Missing interiors (weapon limit?)

I launched Saints Row IV after a few months of break to check new Workshop items. Everything worked as usual... Until I attempted to enter a store. Door didn't open after pressing the action button. Then I tried to go through the wall using Loa dust from vendor menu and there was nothing inside, I got stuck in mid-air. Game froze on black screen when I tried to go back to the main menu.

I tried again and again, it happened every time. I removed old format mods and even verified the cache, nothing. I removed some random Workshop mods and interiors started working again. I messed around a little and found out it's related to weapon mods in particular. Interiors loaded properly after deleting few old weapon mods, which worked perfectly yet when I played Saints Row IV last year.

The question is, what's the actual cause? How many weapon entries is it possible to add in the new modding format before it all collapses? There must be a limit somewhere, I never had such issue before. I'm currently subscribed to 98 Workshop mods, I'll try to count weapon ones later.

Huh, that's weird. Seems worth investigating, but there doesn't necessarily have to be a limitation - maybe any single one of your 98 mods was faulty and caused those bugs. It's also possible that two or more of your mods are conflicting, so it might be a hard one to debug :/

Huh, that's weird. Seems worth investigating, but there doesn't necessarily have to be a limitation - maybe any single one of your 98 mods was faulty and caused those bugs. It's also possible that two or more of your mods are conflicting, so it might be a hard one to debug :/
there really does seem to be like a limit is being put in place, at least for weapon mods. I'm actually having the same problem right now, now matter what i add or what i remove, i can't seem to have more than an X amount of weapon mods in my game

Last edited:
I have same problem and I noticed everything is broken after you beat 100 hours on savegame. No animated textures, "weapon limit". I started new game and everything works perfectly fine!

I have same problem and I noticed everything is broken after you beat 100 hours on savegame. No animated textures, "weapon limit". I started new game and everything works perfectly fine!
Interesting... Mind sharing a savegame with and without the bug? We could test if it really is related to the game time by manually changing it in the files, along with other variables such as cash earned etc.

Interesting... Mind sharing a savegame with and without the bug? We could test if it really is related to the game time by manually changing it in the files, along with other variables such as cash earned etc.
the thing is that even old savegames are affected when this happens, never tryed a new game but how could it be related if the savefile in question was never once touched by mods? and even then i assume this is not like bugthesda games were some stuff is still carried into your save file, or maybe am i wrong?

the thing is that even old savegames are affected when this happens, never tryed a new game but how could it be related if the savefile in question was never once touched by mods? and even then i assume this is not like bugthesda games were some stuff is still carried into your save file, or maybe am i wrong?
I can see a corrupt save file posing an issue even in unrelated savegames since high level information like hours played is probably parsed from all available files the second you enter the main menu. Getting unexpected values from parsing the saves might just be enough to screw up your play session, regardless which savegame you choose in the end. This is just a hypothesis though, I'd love to get my hands on one such corrupted save file to do dig into this some more. Could you share your savegame with the most playtime by chance?

I can see a corrupt save file posing an issue even in unrelated savegames since high level information like hours played is probably parsed from all available files the second you enter the main menu. Getting unexpected values from parsing the saves might just be enough to screw up your play session, regardless which savegame you choose in the end. This is just a hypothesis though, I'd love to get my hands on one such corrupted save file to do dig into this some more. Could you share your savegame with the most playtime by chance?
yes i can but like i said it does only happen if i subscribe to one more weapon mod from the workshop, any of them causes the crash, highest hour count for a savefile is 50h more or less.
Do you want me to save after i subscribe to another weapon mod and get that loading bug?

Last edited:
yes i can but like i said it does only happen if i subscribe to one more weapon mod from the workshop, any of them causes the crash, highest hour count for a savefile is 50h more or less.
Do you want me to save after i subscribe to another weapon mod and get that loading bug?
Hmm, maybe the weapon limit and animated textures bug are unrelated after all if you're already missing interiors at 50 hours. Still, it won't hurt to look at your save anyway. Could you make one before and one after subscribing to another weapon?

Back