Help: Creating animated textures

Admixon

Me and a lot of people need a clear tutorial how to create animated textures for anything (icons, clothes, weapons). I was able to make a shirt with animated logo but I completely forgot how I did it :p

Me and a lot of people need a clear tutorial how to create animated textures for anything (icons, clothes, weapons). I was able to make a shirt with animated logo but I completely forgot how I did it :p
If you use Maya, then this is for you,

If you use Blender, then this is for you.

If you use Maya, then this is for you,

If you use Blender, then this is for you.
I guess this question about SR3-4 textures, they animated by some data.

Ladies and gentlemen, behold!
A step-by-step guide to creating animated textures:
0) Open "pegAssembler_byFlow754.exe" and drag and drop your *.dds files into the tool window.
1) Give your new peg files a name, check "Animated Texture" and adjust the framerate. Optionally you can also specify an output URL.
2) The *.dds you want to animate has to be placed at the very top of the hierarchy. This will also be the first frame of your animation. All subsequent frames have to be put below your starting frame in the correct order from top to bottom. Place all *.dds files you don't want to include in your animation below your last frame. (So, in your case, *_d.tga.dds and *_n.tga.dds should be the last and second to last image in your hierarchy.)
View attachment 13536
3) Click "Create". Now you should have two new files in your output directory. A *.cpeg_pc and its corresponding *.gpeg_pc file.
4) Open your *.cpeg_pc file with a hex editor and go to its 45th byte, ergo position 0x2C.
View attachment 13537
As you can see, in my case, its value is 0x05. This byte represents the amount of frames that belong to the animation of my first *.dds image. By default this value will always be the number of total images in the peg. Since there are two images in this peg that I want to exclude from the animation, I'll change this value to a decimal number of 3, or 0x03 in hexadecimal notation.
View attachment 13538
5) Save the changes you've made to your *.cpeg_pc file, repack your STR2s with your new *.cpeg_pc and *.gpeg_pc file and update your ASMs.
6) Put all your STR2s and ASMs into your SRIV root directory.

Hope this helps!

Back