Shaders(Materials) Explained

One question here... Everytime I make a new clothing mod the default material has almost null refelctions and it looks kinda meh. If I want to add some reflections to new clothings, I asuume I must edit the sr_shaders.xml file, but which option controls the final result?

One question here... Everytime I make a new clothing mod the default material has almost null refelctions and it looks kinda meh. If I want to add some reflections to new clothings, I asuume I must edit the sr_shaders.xml file, but which option controls the final result?
Reflection is fake and controlled by a sphere map, the simples shader with sphere map is the shaderball set sphere map to ambient color slot in maya and export it. This should work. You can unpack some sphere map in the game or download them somewhere else.

Reflection is fake and controlled by a sphere map, the simples shader with sphere map is the shaderball set sphere map to ambient color slot in maya and export it. This should work. You can unpack some sphere map in the game or download them somewhere else.
I see, Downloading from somewhere else will be easier. I have never used an sphere map tho, Are they similar as an HDRI image or I must look for them with another file extension?

I see, Downloading from somewhere else will be easier. I have never used an sphere map tho, Are they similar as an HDRI image or I must look for them with another file extension?
This is very simple environment map like hdri, but it has only one projection, not all like cube map. You need to convert them to tga with 128x128 size

Last edited:
There had been so many questions recently... lol. I have another issue tho, is there a way to add transparency to a glow map or its not supported? I used the glowmask_dns shader, the glow works in an specific area, but the rest is filled with black even tho the tga file has transparency.

There had been so many questions recently... lol. I have another issue tho, is there a way to add transparency to a glow map or its not supported? I used the glowmask_dns shader, the glow works in an specific area, but the rest is filled with black even tho the tga file has transparency.
You can add uncontrolled transparency to glow shader only. It will be transparent but only in dark area.
<Mat_Alpha_Mode>2</Mat_Alpha_Mode> 0 - no opacity; 1 - clipping opacity with alpha; 2 (and 3?) - transparent material
Maybe shaderball has glow setting but I am not so sure.

You can add uncontrolled transparency to glow shader only. It will be transparent but only in dark area.
<Mat_Alpha_Mode>2</Mat_Alpha_Mode> 0 - no opacity; 1 - clipping opacity with alpha; 2 (and 3?) - transparent material
Maybe shaderball has glow setting but I am not so sure.
Thanks! It worked using Shaderball

Not really, even for weapon, only dns glow mask turn it on. I had one guess that you can activate specular map with some shader parameter but I could not find it. Also I did not check with which light source specular map is working. Maybe only with material glow, but I am not sure

Okay, I guess I have found way to activate specular map
20180825164700_1.jpg

I copied this values from ir_glowmask_dns to ir_bbsimple1
Code:
<Specular_Alpha>1.000000</Specular_Alpha>
<Specular_Color>1.000000 1.000000 1.000000 1.000000</Specular_Color>
<Specular_Map_Amount>1.000000</Specular_Map_Amount>
<Specular_Power>4.000000</Specular_Power>

Last edited:
Back