What OTHER games do you enjoy playing?

I've been wanting to ask this for a long time. What other games do Saints Row modders enjoy playing besides Saints Row? What are games that you feel are truly exceptional?

My favorite styles of games are graphically realistic and atmospheric.

I'll start with my favorite open world games:

Sleeping Dogs (Definitive Edition)
I listed this first because I just finished the campaign, and it's really an awesome game! As far as open world games go, this is definitely at the top of my list. The story is top-notch and the missions are varied. The open world is huge and very realistic. I've been to Hong Kong, and this is really what it looks like. The bots are varied and realistic. Highly recommended!

Mafia II
Another incredible game with an amazingly good story. Again, this one has an amazingly detailed open world, and really life-like NPCs. They even park their car, get out, buy a newspaper, get in the car, and drive away. And they react to dead bodies lying on the street. The weather effects are the best I've seen in any game. Highly recommended!

Mafia
Although the technology is quite dated now, the story and the playability is extremely good. And you can ride the train and the streetcars!

And now some non-open world games:

Metro 2033 and Metro Last Light
I love atmospheric games, and these games are incredible.

Hard Reset
This is a pretty basic shooter full of robot baddies, but its retro futuristic atmosphere and continuous rain at night will remind you of the original Bladerunner.

Portal 2
Everyone loves this game, including me!

Console Games with map editors and offline LAN co-op:

Halo Series
I love the whole Halo series up to Halo 4. But I think Halo Reach and Halo 4's Forge mode is what got me interested in video game design and modding to begin with.

Far Cry 2
Another game with an awesome built-in map editor. This is the best console map editor I've found.

Timesplitters and Timesplitters 2
This was the first game I played that had a great map editor.

And, last but not least,

Call of Duty Series
Yes, all of them. Mainly because they all have beautiful realistic graphics and offline LAN multiplayer, so I can play at home with my family.

What games do you like?

Last edited:
I'm old school and next-gen girl. I like Goldeneye 007, Perfect Dark, Doom, Quake series, Unreal series, Road Rash series, Halo series, Worms series, Watch Dogs series, GTA series. So many I can't think of all of them.

I'm old school and next-gen girl. I like Goldeneye 007, Perfect Dark, Doom, Quake series, Unreal series, Road Rash series, Halo series, Worms series, Watch Dogs series, GTA series. So many I can't think of all of them.
I have Unreal Tournament 3 and Perfect Dark Zero on 2 consoles so we can LAN. Fun games, but I never could fully appreciate the wrinkly art style of UT3. And Doom will forever be one of my favorites. I also like the map editor in the new Doom (it lets you make classic Doom maps too), but sadly it doesn't support LAN co-op.

I love Batman Arkham Asylum, City, and Origins, and how I've mastered not being hit. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 and Project 8 are cool but I love Skate 2.
Midnight Club III Dub Edition and LA are my go to Arcade racing games, maybe with Crazy Taxi or The Simpsons: Road Rage. Jet Set Radio and it's sequel
always makes me smile. I'll beat anybody in DBZ: Budokai 3. Bully (Canis Canim Edit?) is just a blast to play. Kingdom Hearts II had bad voice acting, but writing
that made me tear up a bit. Red Dead Redemption (Man Bear Pig Glitch... Enough said). Sleeping Dogs because SLEEPING DOGS. Skyrim and Fallout 4 will always be
my jam. However my favorite game is Spongebob Square Pants the Movie: The Video game... Nah I'm just playing it's Psychonauts, if you haven't played it PLAY it.

I love Midnight Club III Dub Edition and LA are my go to Arcade racing games
I've just bought another copy of Midnight Club II for my original Xbox so we can system link. An awesome game! Still more fun than a lot of newer games even though it's 15 years old. But I still need a new controller -- mine has trouble making sharp rights.

I'm always amazed when I go back to older games like this. It has not one, but THREE pretty decent sized open world maps (Los Angeles, Paris, and Tokyo) with highways, interiors, trains, tunnels, and jumps.

Last edited:
I've just bought another copy of Midnight Club II for my original Xbox so we can system link. An awesome game! Still more fun than a lot of newer games even though it's 15 years old. But I still need a new controller -- mine has trouble making sharp rights.

I'm always amazed when I go back to older games like this. It has not one, but THREE pretty decent sized open world maps (Los Angeles, Paris, and Tokyo) with highways, interiors, trains, tunnels, and jumps.
The DVD driver in my Xbox stopped working, and I tried to fix it with no success :(. That was about 12 years from now. However I'm glad you get a chance to play That pretty machine. I hope you get that Controller man.
I've had some third party ones that still hold up, so don't give up:)! If I get the chance, I'm probably going to get an Xbox (original) and a Dreamcast, and get some games from Japan, I've been missing out on.

Sleeping Dogs
A blend of martial arts, driving, and shooting has been my thing. So I am very happy this game was released. Just looks and sounds fantastic too.
Uncharted 2
Great character animations and really got me into third-person-shooters. Crushing Multiplayer was the best, played till level 50 and only ran into one glitch.
Mercenaries 1
This game lets you approach every mission any way you wish and nearly everything is destructible. There is something satisfying about carrying a bounty into an extraction chopper right after leveling a military base.
Driver San Francisco
I love to just zone out and aimlessly drift around traffic.
Need for Speed Underground 2
Very good progression and customization. Arcade-like handling without being completely dumbed-down.
Burnout 3
I love how the fictional tracks and cars look so convincing and varied. Speeding through that world felt really awesome. I kinda wish it was also open world.
Edit: Grand Theft Auto San Andreas
I knew this map better than my own neighborhood.

Last edited:
It's a mixed bag for me:

Warframe
Been playing this game a lot as of late. Really enjoy it but I can't really pinpoint an exact reason. My only 2 gripes with it as of late is that there's a bit of a content drought as well as their recent nerfing of a certain fire-based Warframe completely missing its intended mark and instead only hurt its usability in high levels.

Halo 5
I don't get why Halo 5 gets as much flak as it does. It's a MASSIVE improvement over 4, maybe put a little emphasis on the three letters after the 'm' in 'massive' :^). More seriously though, 343i has been on the ball with updates. I'm personally scared to think what Bungie would've done to the series had the stayed if Destiny is anything to base things off of.

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare
Another game that get a lot of flak for some odd reason. Like, more than the usual flak a CoD title gets. I'd say it pretty close to being one of the more balanced CoD titles to date. It's no Black Ops 2, but it's up there. If any CoD games should be getting flak, it should be the ones touched by Sledgehammer Games. MW3, Advanced Warfare and WWII. All three of them have huge balance issues or try to put a spin on the series in the worst way manageable.

The Sims (mainly 4)
Bit of a love-hate thing going on with this game. Love the art direction and the mechanical improvements it has over previous titles but the super meh expansions and egregious business practices as of late are a real turn-off. If Sims 3 wasn't plagued with mechanical/performance issues or that godawful semi-real art direction it has where everyone looks like a potato, I'd like it a lot more

The Sims (mainly 4)
Bit of a love-hate thing going on with this game. Love the art direction and the mechanical improvements it has over previous titles but the super meh expansions and egregious business practices as of late are a real turn-off. If Sims 3 wasn't plagued with mechanical/performance issues or that godawful semi-real art direction it has where everyone looks like a potato, I'd like it a lot more
Speaking of The Sims, I've done a character mod for The Sims 2, her name was Sarah which I released on MTS under my username Scarlet_117. Brings me back to the good ole days!
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=516788

Halo 5
I don't get why Halo 5 gets as much flak as it does. It's a MASSIVE improvement over 4, maybe put a little emphasis on the three letters after the 'm' in 'massive' :^).
Halo 5 disgusts me, very vehemently. It made me so sad when it came out because they removed everything I liked about the Halo games. I was such a HUGE Halo fan -- I have all the games and books and novels and posters. They took out everything I liked about the past Halo games, so I didn't even buy Halo 5. Halo 4 and Reach were SO much better, there's no comparison. I like Agents of Mayhem MUCH better than Halo 5. When we complain about Agents of Mayhem, we should remember it could have been a LOT worse. But I can understand how people who play online multiplayer would like it. I just have no interest in online multiplayer.

Sorry -- I don't mean to invalidate your opinion. If you only use it for online multiplayer, I'm sure it's fine for you. It's just a very sore subject for me. I've already aired my feelings too many times on the Halo forums. I just hate it when a great franchise gets destroyed by developer laziness. :mad:
The Sims (mainly 4)
The first game I ever modded was The Sims (the first one). So I have fond memories of The Sims. :)

Last edited:
Back