Sandbox+ for SRTT

Light rain or heavy rain? When I had it transition from Clear Skies to Heavy Rain while inside that Mars time slice it completely changed the look of it to normal and not Mars.

Sounds like we need more testing, so if anyone has some additional feedback that would be great.

I just did what you did (Clear Skies to Heavy Rain during Mars time) and all it did was add the storm to the Mars-like weather, I tested this in Steelport.

Would someone please grab me coords for Stilwater in the city itself (or above) where it won't push you back out (like inside the bank does.) I want to set up an alternate teleport there as a stopgap until I can fix the boundary issue.

Would someone please grab me coords for Stilwater in the city itself (or above) where it won't push you back out (like inside the bank does.) I want to set up an alternate teleport there as a stopgap until I can fix the boundary issue.

Here's a video I found that may help whoever does that if this video is really of Stillwater (I've never seen Stillwater in SR3 close up, so I don't know):

For anyone that can do it, if there's still room in Sandbox+ for it to be implemented after the second version of the Alternate Times of Day mod is added into Sandbox+, similar to the hellish look in the third time of the second version, there could be a heavenly look (white/blueish-white atmosphere/sky) and darkness (black atmosphere/sky), I think they could be cool, also maybe an extra version of the second time (the one with the nuclear sky) that was in that alternate mod (the second version), but pimped up so the atmosphere looks nuclear too (with maybe a different, nuclear, sky to keep it unique).

Here's a video I found that may help whoever does that if this video is really of Stillwater (I've never seen Stillwater in SR3 close up, so I don't know):
youtube clip

I've tried this trick but game kills me while I skydive/parachute after jumping off the building. Here are the coordinates for bank's glass roof, the last steady ground I had a pleasure to step on in Stillwater:
X 2251.107
Y 2732.372
Z 188.262
Teleporting there still throws me down the black hole, though.

Also one more thing. I installed the latest version of Sandbox+ (.44) and suddenly city streets became empty at noon and dusk. All of the traffic (cars & pedestrians), besides parked cars, gang patrols and distant low-poly models vanished. At first glance everything seemed to work okay at night but after longer play it also got bugged. Am I the only one experiencing this?

Hey Idol, think it's possible to make a menu? And adding spawning NPC's to the menu aswell? You know how it is, when you're fighting brutes on rooftops.

Hey Idol, think it's possible to make a menu? And adding spawning NPC's to the menu aswell? You know how it is, when you're fighting brutes on rooftops.

Unfortunately not. Menus only have access to a very limited set of functions that don't include any of the things we're accessing.

Also one more thing. I installed the latest version of Sandbox+ (.44) and suddenly city streets became empty at noon and dusk. All of the traffic (cars & pedestrians), besides parked cars, gang patrols and distant low-poly models vanished. At first glance everything seemed to work okay at night but after longer play it also got bugged. Am I the only one experiencing this?

I have confirmed this as well. What happens is that when loading a save or finishing a mission it will randomly pick one of the time slices. If that slice is part of the initial 4 then there will be no problems with spawning. If it is any of the other ones (mars, vr, 4 alt TODs) then there will be issues with spawning. I have no idea why that is happening or if it's even fixable. If not, I'll probably need to just remove all the alt TOD stuff from Sandbox+.

EDIT:
Okay, this is weird. I had it happen only once that first time. Now it seems to do spawning perfectly fine even when it comes out of a mission and into one of the alt times of day. Maybe this is just a random glitch and we just never noticed it before because we didn't have a time of day cycle changing in realtime. Some additional feedback would be great.

ok, well i dont know once again if i should proceed & add those other alt TOD's now or not.... some people asking for them, but if they're causing problems & need to be removed anyway, no need i guess.... i havent tested with the time of day naturally changing. i always use static & never had any problems. if there's any way to make it always use the the regular 4 time presets when coming out of missions etc, & ONLY use the alt times of day when keystroked, that sounds like it would solve the issue though. i'll take a look & see what happens for me then, but its hard to know when the first thing i hit is E+END. lol. so if its the natural cycling of it causing it then its not the environments themselves it sounds like. i've only ever switched manually so far. i'll take a look. but if the alt times of day can be implemented without causing ANY problems i think they're cool, but if they're causing stuff like that, i dont know. i'll give feedback to what i see but im waiting to see what idol thinks before going ahaead & doing the others becuz its tedious stuff that i'm admittedly not very organized with, lol.
i have no problems doing the others though if there's a way to separate the slices from the regular cycling times.

also idol, i appreciate the low grav mod for its intended uses, i guess i cant really explain accurately about my question regarding camera coords without showing an example or something, so i appreciate the idea but really its the EXACT precision of those values that im after, like we're talking angles, not just placement on x,y,z, there's coding (or whatever u call it) for it in the tables, in any of the mission cutscene scripts that tell the camera what to do.... so the game can understand this stuff, its just im talking about doing special effects where the image has to be as if i ocked it down on a tripod in the real world to an exact coordinate & a 0.01 earth tremor that we couldnt even feel would throw off the whole thing. just need the magic numbers.

well i dont know if i could replicate the problem exactly, was it that u were standing in one spot & when it switched to an alt time via cycle all peds disappeared right in front of ur eyes, or was this (how idol put it) where ur coming out of a mission, etc & one of the times of day slices is picked & the peds are gone?

what i tried was just playing a bunch of cutscenes & letting them finish, so it would probably pick a random time to spawn me back to HQ. out of the 18 times where i got an alt slice, there was one time where when i dropped down to the street i noticed a lack of peds & pretty barren. i manually hit the "R+END" key to change the time & i tapped it probably twice cuz i wasnt being patient, but anyway, after manually switching the times, all the peds & stuff were back right away. so maybe just have something do an automatic "R+END" at the end of cutscenes or mission replays or something, just in case? i dont know if thats possible or what, but that's all it took. i could not replicate the problem again after that. & even hat was kind of sketchy, it wasnt a huge dramatic lack of activity, but its true there were no peds at the bottom of the HQ. only parked cars. spun around, yes could see peds in distance. hit TOD keystroke then spun around again & there were now local peds like typical. i couldn't get the problem to really appear reliably, but all i was doing was trying with cutscenes to generate a random time. i only counted as part of the 18 when it actually picked a different time.... that seemed (maybe my imagination) on whether or not i let the whole cutscene play. if i just started it & ended, it seemed to keep me at whatever time i was at. but thats irrelevant im sure. but the good news is that whatever it is, & when its narrowed down or even if its not, just an auto time of day switch when transporting back to HQ or whenever, or just a manual one or whatever clears it up. if it turns noon & happens i would just click R+END 4 times til it comes back to noon. lol. or actually, when u have the thing cycle idol, maybe have it cycle twice every time it goes to the next one, just have it go again, that should fix it as well in theory.... but it sounds like nothing that would prevent u from wanting the option even if just via toggle & not thru cycle, as long as there's no other issues with it so i guess i'll try to do the other times as requested by someone. and to those requesting, these are still shitface's times, & if i screw anything up, sorry. there will be slight differences only becuz of the nature of what we're doing since the basic noon starts at noon, as with in the mod becuz it just replaces the other "noon," but since they all have to live together here, SF's 'noon' might actually be 'SF's noon at 1pm.' very subtle differences in where the sun is in the sky & stuff, no way around that, & nothing anybody will care about i imagine. thats just the only way his times or any alt times can live together.

That's great to hear. Thanks for testing it out and letting me know. :)

I'm working on a pretty big update that should be done by the end of the weekend, but it won't be touching the tod stuff at all, so feel free to add in those other times in if you can.

I have also been meaning to talk to encogen about his alt times he was working on to see if we could integrate them too.

Back