Would there be a problem with shooting in mid-air

One of the top mod ideas for the future SDK tools is to shoot in the middle of a super jump. I was wondering if this wasn't added because it was overlooked or because there were serious problems with it.

I wonder if maybe the animations are somehow flagged as uninterruptible.

You can fling super powers, you just can't shoot.
That's another reason I asked this question, there's aerial power slinging animation but shooting was unincluded maybe because of conflict problems with idle or general animations.

Another illogical bit: you can't do anything while sprinting except for sprint takedowns, not even use superpowers which would make sense since you can use them while jumping. To do anything you have to stop sprinting and wait for the "friction" animation. Feels very stiff and dumb.

I would have preferred being able to shoot while in a jump, over the Death from Above mechanic.
Imagine shoot jumping and instead of having death from above as a power, we could have had bullet time like in WET and Max Payne. lol

Another illogical bit: you can't do anything while sprinting except for sprint takedowns, not even use superpowers which would make sense since you can use them while jumping. To do anything you have to stop sprinting and wait for the "friction" animation. Feels very stiff and dumb.
I do like the stopping animations, makes your character feel more powerful. An odd thing I noticed though is that most of the superpower animations make your gun simply disappear. Unpowered jumping lets you hold your gun and unpowered sprinting will occasionally make you holster your gun. The DFA power is mapped to aiming then firing so that leaves the shoot button free, you just wont be able to aim in midair but I think that's fair. I've been digging and I can't identify any flags or changeable code that could help. At best we could get weapon fire from the skeleton base but without the SDK tools to edit the skeleton to use a gun bone in superpowered falling it will look shitty. I've also looked into switching the superpower falling animation with unpowered falling animations, then the gun would be present. If I could get it to fire then it would look like an old matrix game. Volition may know a loophole.

I do like the stopping animations too, but I shouldn't be locked out of doing ANYTHING but takedowns while sprinting.

Back