Will Saints Row ever be the same?

• Thread starter Deleted member 184294
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 184294

I have been a saints row fan since saints row 2, will it ever resume back to gangster or just be space, ailens, and super powers I know fl1ppy also wanted this but will it ever be the same again?

Maybe, sniff, maybe.

On a more serious note, I have no idea. If they were to go back to the gangster themed gameplay, which I personally prefer, they'd upset the fanbase they've gathered in the recent years since SRTT. If they were to throw out yet another wacky over the top shits and giggles game to appease the new fanbase, they'd upset oldschool fans like me and many others. You can cleary see they tried to unite both fanbases with SRIV and GOOH by throwing in references to the old games and bringing characters back, but that didn't quite work as planned. As much as I appreciate their efforts, it still felt a bit stale like 'Oh remember that guy, because we don't.' And simply smashing references in our faces left and right doesn't change the fact that it was still a game about fighting aliens/demons respectively.

Last edited:
Maybe, sniff, maybe.

On a more serious note, I have no idea. If they were to go back to the gangster themed gameplay, which I personally prefer, they'd upset the fanbase they've gathered in the recent years since SRTT. If they were to throw out yet another wacky over the top shits and giggles game to appease the new fanbase, they'd upset oldschool fans like me and many others. You can cleary see they tried to unite both fanbases with SRIV and GOOH by throwing in references to the old games and bringing characters back, but that didn't quite work as planned. As much as I appreciate their efforts, it still felt a bit stale like 'Oh remember that guy, because we don't.' And simply smashing references in our faces left and right doesn't change the fact that it was still a game about fighting aliens/demons respectively.
True also the Dex thing what your "Wife" in the sr4 old steelport thing says something about dex

Last edited by a moderator:
This is not a technical modding question. Moving to SR2 General Chat.

Maybe, sniff, maybe.

Volition should do something similar to Bethesda and Fallout (Although with the same development team)

5 should be serious, say go to another city, say Saints are sick of wandering around Steelport/Stilwater without being able to shoot anything that isn't a random person on the street, so some rogue Saints go to another city, say Gat and the Boss tag along, tear the city's gangs apart etc, or it's an re-imaging of SRTT, you finally kill dex etc, final game for the old fans, then goes back to the new style, ta da! no need to worry about the old fans, since they should be happy now the classic storyline is over.

6 goes back to the wacky SRTT/SRIV style leaves off where SRIV left off

Volition should do something similar to Bethesda and Fallout (Although with the same development team)

5 should be serious, say go to another city, say Saints are sick of wandering around Steelport/Stilwater without being able to shoot anything that isn't a random person on the street, so some rogue Saints go to another city, say Gat and the Boss tag along, tear the city's gangs apart etc, or it's an re-imaging of SRTT, you finally kill dex etc, final game for the old fans, then goes back to the new style, ta da! no need to worry about the old fans, since they should be happy now the classic storyline is over.

6 goes back to the wacky SRTT/SRIV style leaves off where SRIV left off
yeah but why do i like dex still (me) i should hate him like every other old saints fan

No because people still buy this wacky stuff and all that matters is money. Before they had one set of fans and now they have two sets, which makes much more money yet only one is satisfied. It's possible they will make another glorified DLC to try to appease the older fans but judging from the callbacks in 4 and GOOH it wouldn't be a true return to form anyway.

Back