What would we like for Saints Row the 2nd?

It does need to be said that given SR:2022's reception and the subsequent abolishment of Volition as a dev house, there may not be any future SR games.

That said, if there are, I don't think future games need to bring back the characters from SR through SRIV/GooH. Honestly, regarding the cast of past SR games, I think that the previous generation of Saints Row handled all the main characters well enough, with plenty of backstory, lots of expository, and a very satisfying development. Gat was literally in every game, including all the expansions. So was Shaundi, Pierce, etc.

One thing Volition did very well with SR characters that I thought Rockstar handled very poorly with GTA characters, was that they really gave plenty of story and lore, weaving it through a lot of titles. Whereas, Rockstar thought it was cool and trendy to pretty mush jettison every main character once the game was finished, not to mention leaving way too many questions answered. Things like Donald Love, CJ, Claude Speed, Tommy V, and on and on. Volition didn't do this, and as a result, I was able to really invest myself into the SR stories a lot more, because whether Gat ended up dead or alive in SRIV, at least he had a lot of development through two full games and the beginning of a third. Volition really cared about that cast of characters, and didn't just treat them as disposable, unimportant, videogame cannon fodder the way Rockstar treated their GTA cast, and I have always admired Volition for this.

In my opinion, the problem with SR:2022 wasn't that they didn't bring back Gat, Shaundi, or Pierce, but that from everything I have seen about this title, the game was complete and utter crap. So it isn't even so much that people missed the classic SR crew, so much as everyone seems to be complaining that the new cast is just absolute garbage and unsympathetic, transparent, millennial-cliche-ridden tripe.

Say what you want about Volition, and I can say plenty after the SR:2022 debacle, but you can see that whatever one might think about the later games, particularly IV and GooH, they put a lot of love into all of their main characters. Even Kinzi, Oleg, Matt, and others.

I wanted to respond to this separately:

Gat would work but feels predictable for me, was thinking more Fun!Shaundi or even Matt.

I actually really ended up loving BOTH Shaundi characters, which I know is a little bizarre. I can't believe Volition went this route, changing Shaundi from the cool hippy-chick stoner of SR2 to the total bitch-on-wheels of SRTT and most of SRIV. It amazes me that this actually worked as well as it did. Don't get me wrong, through my first playthrough of SRTT, I did not want to like Shaundi, I really didn't. It really bothered the shit out of me that they completely changed the character like they did. But the thing is, even Bitch-Shaundi was done so well, I just ended up getting sucked into her world. Not that anyone wants to have sex with pixelated characters, but if both Shaundis were real, I would want to bang them both for completely different reasons, as somehow, Volition managed to pull of making them both very hot in their own way.

Go figure.

from the cool hippy-chick stoner of SR2 to the total bitch-on-wheels of SRTT and most of SRIV. It amazes me that this actually worked as well as it did. Don't get me wrong, through my first playthrough of SRTT, I did not want to like Shaundi, I really didn't. It really bothered the shit out of me that they completely changed the character like they did.
Sadly in SRIV They want you to give more some love with Kinzie... I didnt like her i hate her a lot... I actually like SR2 Shaundi more than the next game... It because she's cool,Friendly not always angrier everytimes she face the troubles....

And there is no more voiceline where she protect her boss like"You killing my boss!!,Lets take care of them boss" and also i dont like her new looks sorry she looks like having plastic surgery and the results are bad..

-Less Spongy Enemies/More Refined combat system

-Higher Stakes, the Boss losing and being humbled a lot more, probably more open to attempting less violent solutions as the well of people to kill dries up. Like, to the point of actually taking a lowball 20% offer.

-Greater Mission and Activity variety, Greater absurdity and interactivity in both.

-Straighter-faced/more sincere dialogue, the Marvel quippy style may have been trendy when the game was being conceived but not when it launched.

-More memorable tracks on the radio, while I understand making the radio streamer-friendly, most of it was still literal radio silence or distinctly undistinct.

-Reboot engine improvements to gameplay and lack of bugs.

-Figure adjustment being assymetrical, like the option to be top or bottom-heavy exclusively

-A quirkier voice option or two

-Atleast one of the original series Saints returning

-Boss Height adjustment and mayhaps a non-US setting, like South America or a more overtly sci-fi/raunchy dystopia

-Maybe playing a Saint Footsoldier ala 1 instead of starting off in charge, the new Boss kept as this distant, mythic figure.

-Throwback mechanics like being able to get drunk/high in the name of shenanigans, and the car sing-a-longs.

-Mission Replay
dont forget the tv to re watch cutscenes

Sadly in SRIV They want you to give more some love with Kinzie... I didnt like her i hate her a lot... I actually like SR2 Shaundi more than the next game... It because she's cool,Friendly not always angrier everytimes she face the troubles....

And there is no more voiceline where she protect her boss like"You killing my boss!!,Lets take care of them boss" and also i dont like her new looks sorry she looks like having plastic surgery and the results are bad..

I dislike any saint character that tried to bully the boss, hence why i can't stand Kinzie and Angry Shaundi. I like Fun shaundi tho, she was a great character

Nah... she's fun... Stereotyped misanthrope
Pierce tho.... especially in SRIV :(
Yeah Really fun Because The wholegames almost like she's the main character because The boss keep calling her"Kinzie kinzie kinze 100x"And Punching The boss because he made fun of her just because she wear poodle skirt.

Yeah Really fun Because The wholegames almost like she's the main character because The boss keep calling her"Kinzie kinzie kinze 100x"And Punching The boss because he made fun of her just because she wear poodle skirt.
Then comes Gat Outta Hell
"I'm going too... It's my birthday!"

Kinzie's ok. But her depiction in SRIV gets annoyingly over the top if given the chance.

Then comes Gat Outta Hell
"I'm going too... It's my birthday!"

Kinzie's ok. But her depiction in SRIV gets annoyingly over the top if given the chance.
Yeah and Shaundi just got replaced by Her.. cant stand With this one girl and decides going back with SR2... I'm good with original shaundi still on the drugs lol 🤦

Back