What file use in mods

Hello)
Have two folders with the game files: misc_tables.vpp_pc and patch_compressed.vpp_pc. Each of these folders has the same file, say weapons.xtbl or matfx.xtbl. From which folder is it best to use the file for the mod so that nothing breaks in the game (want to update it: https://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/threads/re-enabled-satchel-charges.4684/ )?

P.S. Just if you compare two matfx.xtbl - there will be differences and for one mod i have to use file from misc_tables.vpp_pc (otherwise, taking the file from patch_compressed.vpp_pc does not lose the green armor when using abilities with money), but take weapons.xtbl and I don’t know What to choose (there is just an even bigger difference).
I hope it will be clearer with the picture, otherwise the text using the translator typed
A small clarification: if compare the lines in these same files (weapons.xtbl from misc_tables.vpp_pc and patch_compressed.vpp_pc), then both contain the same or different lines, often in one of the files something is missing, which is in the other and vice versa. The parameter that is edited is usually found in both files, but in many mods people use file from misc_tables.vpp_pc, why!
upload_2020-4-13_22-34-18-png.25219

Last edited:
I always use the .xtbl files from misc_tables.vpp_pc.

I always use the .xtbl files from misc_tables.vpp_pc.
I use many file from misc_tables.vpp_pc too, but in this post https://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/threads/saints-row-the-third-modding-basics.597/ you can find that file from patch_compressed.vpp_pc should be newer and I ended up in a dead end in short. The mod that I am trying to update contains files from misc_tables.vpp_pc and from patch_compressed.vpp_pc. For example, one file (example weapons.xtbl) in the mod is taken from misc_tables.vpp_pc when there is the same file in the folder patch_compressed.vpp_pc, but a newer one although he is not chosen. And at the same time there is another file (example explosions.xtbl) that is taken from the folder patch_compressed.vpp_pc, but it is also in the folder misc_tables.vpp_pc, but they don’t take him from there. It’s hard to describe more precisely (in Russian there is a good expression for this) since the translator can translate with a loss of meaning, but “they took everything from where they could”

If you wanna update it, can't you just take the files from the mod and build upon them, or did you plan on releasing said upgrade?

If you wanna update it, can't you just take the files from the mod and build upon them, or did you plan on releasing said upgrade?
I have a GOG version, and the mod itself dates back to 2013, therefore, I would like to reassemble it for the current game (this is only one of the mods). I don’t know about the release, since I don’t know how to do the mods myself (3D models or graphics - difficult, impossible for me). But I can take the old mod and try to adapt it (many write that there are non-working mods) or improve it a bit (for example: I have a ready-made mod for the color palette, where the replays are removed, and the mod itself is assembled from the mods available on this forum, it remains Add le.strings so that the colors have at least some names, but this is not my mod the author has all rights, I just played around with him and brought to mind ). Or this https://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/threads/ronin-mod.9768/ in this mod we replacing MAMBA LEATHER JACKET but now we can add new JACKET (I reassembled the old mod)

Maybe I didn’t completely answer the question, but if the mods were completed, I would like to publish them so that it would be more convenient for people to use them immediately, and not read the whole topic with a bunch of improvements to this mod scattered in different answers and not put out in the header. Plus, I would like to make them not a compilation, but to have a choice of what to put (it’s clear that if a weapon mod, I will add all the possible weapons found in the weapon mods section, but I won’t mix this mod with hair colors mod - why do this , maybe a person does not want this. We can add different zip files, and the modes are not conflicting with each other)

Attachments

• ronin_jacket.vpp_pc
    1.6 MB · Views: 248
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm having a rough time understanding you, I get you're using a translator which makes it difficult.

Anyway, if you want to make a mod based on another modder's work you gotta ask them for permission first.

Also, please don't double post and edit your post if you have more information to add.

Make sure you read and understand the forum rules: https://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/help/terms

I'm having a rough time understanding you, I get you're using a translator which makes it difficult.

Anyway, if you want to make a mod based on another modder's work you gotta ask them for permission first.

Also, please don't double post and edit your post if you have more information to add.

Make sure you read and understand the forum rules: https://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/help/terms

Sorry!

Here the problem is not with the translator, but with the method of constructing words in a sentence in different languages.
I tried to write a complex sentence with a bunch of commas, but in English it doesn’t work that way (the grammar is different), there is also a problem with double negatives.
In general. Sorry! I did not deliberately write and created a difficulty in understanding. (And I read the rules of the forum just now, I'm a very very bad person:()

And about mods. While I’m not going to publish anything, I’m still not ready.
I can not unpack le.strings (the program again gives an error, although I kind of solved it) . I do not know how to package le.strings correctly so that they work with the desired file like xtlb. Or maybe the game will be able to use le.strings from the mod folder ...
The issue with the permission of the authors is also open to me too.

Last edited:
To "unpack" le.strings file you need to create bat file in ThomasJepp tools folder. To do that open notepad copy this ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.ExtractStrings.exe sriv yourfile.le_strings (change yourfile to name of the strings file you want to unpack) and save as .bat file like: "Stringsconverter.bat". Now you have to place your le.strings file in the same folder and launch bat file.

To "unpack" le.strings file you need to create bat file in ThomasJepp tools folder. To do that open notepad copy this ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.ExtractStrings.exe sriv yourfile.le_strings (change yourfile to name of the strings file you want to unpack) and save as .bat file like: "Stringsconverter.bat". Now you have to place your le.strings file in the same folder and launch bat file.

Thanks. It will be easier than before (work with le.strings)

I did it in a different way, but according to the instructions from this site.
Yesterday everything worked, but today something happened and stopped working.
How to edit le.strings I understand.
The question is: Can we put the le.strings file in the mods folder without packing it in .vpp_pc? Will it work?

I have a character_color_pool.xtbl file and new colors are added to it (xtbl format), and in le.strings you need to add names for the color so that the game displays the color names. Where then to put this le.strings? Now customize_us.le_strings is packaged in misc.vpp_pc and lies in ...pc\cache

The best way to find the answer to the question is to check it yourself, but now I can’t do it.
I was engaged in a weapon mod. The color palette was made a long time ago, and the idea with the names appeared just now, but the unpacker broke and could not check. In fact, I don’t expect anyone to know about this, it just floated by chance during communication.
I have very long answers, I hope at least understandable...

Update: If you created your own le.strings file and placed it in the mods folder, then such a file has priority for use by the game, which means new names will work! (pic. 1|2)

Attachments

• Безымянный.png
    Безымянный.png
    570 KB · Views: 242
  • Безымянный.png
    Безымянный.png
    832.3 KB · Views: 230
Last edited:
Back