What exactly prevents you from releasing the console as it is now?

I can assure you there is no tool to remove anything from arbitrary source code that looks like it might have been used for debugging except for an interactive console and everything it uses.
What I meant was the compiler-generated debugging info, which is what scanti may have been referring to. That follows a specific format, so a program would be able to identify it.

Couldn't Volition release a list of console commands so we can see if we really need it?
It doesnt quite work like that, if they enable the console we would have everything id guess any way by way other games consoles work
just wait till V are finished it will be worth it

Last edited:
They already exposed some of those functions into LUA for us which Idolninja already used to make Mission Replay and Character Morphing possible for SB+ besides that they setup a LUA menu for us, which will be released in a future patch.
(Source: Well -> SB+ Thread.)
Just wait :)

I have long felt that Saints Row's greatest achievement has been insane stability. Like when Havok loses it's mind and you are lodged inside the geometry of a burning car, and then suddenly you respawn a few feet away.

This is not stability. Stability would mean it wouldn't happen in the first place. What Saints Row has is good error handling.

Of course not knowing the code, I can only speculate, but it seems when you get 'stuck', the game realizes this and resets your position. There is usually a delay of 2-5 seconds between getting stuck and respawning as the game realizes something is wrong and hits the error handler.

Back