Saints Row: The Third What about teams?

Hi again,

A little while ago I released a mod, which is supposed to add 10 new gangs to the open world gameplay. One of the few problems I encountered was that there was only a Neutral Gang team I could use. So I tried to make new teams through teams.xtbl, but to end up in weapon loadouts being completely ignored - the characters now were unarmed, or armed with the gang rifle. The walking animations were a big problem too - they always walked like there was a fight up ahead, armed or unarmed.

It's one of the largest obstacles in the project, and I hope to get it solved anytime soon. :)
I guess with the upcoming tools I can make new teams, but I think I need some indepth explaination too, because I'm completely riddled in how to make new teams.

Team stuff is unfortunately pretty hard coded from what I've seen. I'm not sure how easy it will be to alter them and add more without being able to recompile the code. They're a packed enum for coop reasons. The best I could see is to repurpose the existing gangs for your mod, but I don't know if that fits with your vision.

It's quite a pity, it doesn't really fit it. But I'm thinking about revisioning.
As the Deckers, Morningstars, and Luchadores are storywise the same team, I can put them all in one team, and use the other teams to for the other gangs, give the gangs a nice story themselves (with missions later on too), that will cover up the "same team" behaviour. Devide the city between them, and it might turn out pretty nice.

EDIT: it's not going to work out, at all. Using Morningstars, Deckers or Luchadores as team doesn't make it any better.
We'll see what can be done and what can't.

Back