Saints Row: The Third Weapon model information

You could make the high-poly Ultor logos (sides and back) into a bumpmap, as that'd drastically lower the poly-count. (And, to optimize it even more, use the Decimate modifier in Blender, 'till you get a reasonable poly-count, while keeping enough detail)

I kow the decimate modifier, but I refuse using it. The result is a mess most of the time. So I use this technique:
I select an edge loop, do an edge slide so it overlays with another edge and then remove the doubles.
It might not be the fastest method, but the results are cleaner.

I already reached 2,900 faces without turning the logos in bump maps. Anyway I'd like to do it, but I'd need a program like crazybump. Do you know any alternatives? :D

I kow the decimate modifier, but I refuse using it. The result is a mess most of the time. So I use this technique:
I select an edge loop, do an edge slide so it overlays with another edge and then remove the doubles.
It might not be the fastest method, but the results are cleaner.

I already reached 2,900 faces without turning the logos in bump maps. Anyway I'd like to do it, but I'd need a program like crazybump. Do you know any alternatives? :D

Ah, I see.

And nope, I'm usually the modeler, 'cause I suck at texturing and UV mapping xD

Back