Weapon magazine bug

I was running SRIV to see if it was patched (unfortunately not :( ) and noticed that on switching weapons from Assault Rifle to anything else, the Rifle's magazine (standard skin, the M4-like carbine) would stick to the left wrist. Switching outfits didn't help.

e6zm.jpg

I don't know if it's related to the weapons bug or if I just never noticed it before, though o_O

Is it still there when you reload your game? I saw this on SR3 and I believe it happened when interrupting the reload animation, but it happened very rarely at that. Can you get this to happen a lot?

There is another thread about this, but sans screenshot so I'll let this pass. :)

Ok, I've been able to replicate the bug, magazine stuck to wrist and all: I just had to draw another weapon while AR reloading animation played out. And yes, a reload fixed it. Weird, I never noticed it on SR3.

Sorry for a duplicate thread, I didn't see the other one (gotta remember to hit "Search" more often) :confused:

Reproduction steps are key here. This thread delivers in ways the original only wishes it could. :)

I must add that it didn't always happen, though - after posting the thread, I've spent 20-ish minutes reproducing the bug (game reloads included to check if it fixed itself), it occurred twice. I switch weapons using numerical keys as they're faster for me. There were no particular circumstances, I was just upping Notoriety killing aliens and civilians. The screenshot I attached was taken right after clearing a Hotspot, as I noticed the stuck clip.
I wish I could give you more details - I've been a beta-tester in the past and I know the more, the better.

2013-08-29_00010.jpg
This bug also affects NPCs in cutscenes. Tuesday when I started playing the game I also started working on a camera mod so I restarted the game several times and had to play through the first mission about six times. I noticed that there was a 1 in 3 chance that when I charged through the door and a terrorist knocked me on my ass, Asha would shoulder her assault rifle but have the clip stuck to her arm when she came over to help me up.

Last edited:
I remember a couple of amusing incidents of "stickiness" in SR3. Ulthrax is doing a better job of reproducing it than i did. It's no SR4, but it does illustrate that it's been around for a while.

I know I had it happen to me in SR3 as well.

Back