SPOILERS Was this an acceptable release?

Thoughts on state of release?

• Acceptable release

• Needed some polishing

• Very unfinished

• No opinion / haven't played

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
I would legit cry if I had paid 90 bucks for this game, especially since it doesn't include the DLC.
I had full intentions of refunding it😂my original intentions were to at least check out what the gold edition consisted of along with the game itself. So not fuckin worth it. Let my bad decision be a warning to everyone else..... wait for the sales.

It's a bit buggier than I expected, and I kind of expected some of these bugs. Like I'm not exaggerating that I expected things like cars clipping into each other, that's a really common bug in a lot of open world games with car spawning. That said, its still buggier than expected and I do find myself sad over that.

All that said and done though? Forgive me for putting on a tinfoil hat, but I'm not sure I believe any narrative that this is a state that Volition themselves considered releasable. It's been a long time since I was active around here, but what interactions I remember with Volition staff was nothing but pride in their little crime toybox. There's a history of extenuating circumstances behind almost every entry of one of my favorite franchises, and I can't help but assume there just may have been something out of their hands.

Ok... i been playing for around 15-20 hours mostly exploring and doing main missions here and there, but the more you play the more broken the game gets. Forget the horrible story and the completely boring and uncharismatic Characters, it gets worst... and it's kinda weird, because i had ZERO issues in the first 3-4 hours of game play. Even came to these forums and posted a comment that it was nowhere near as bad as everyone were saying, But after like 10 hours later the game just started going completely insane. So far i had the following issues:

* Cars just getting randomly launched into the air when driving
* Physics going crazy and force push your character with extreme force into walls, killing you instantly
* Weapons disappearing from your inventory or just becoming invisible
* You can't use your weapons as they twist around your arms looking backwards and unable to shoot.
* NPC's randomly disappearing just after a bit of briefing on a mission
* No music playing at all while driving or when just doing missions
* Random sound effects not playing while shooting guns
* Random sounds effects not playing when performing a kill move
* Completely dumb AI, this feels like OG Xbox or PS2 era AI
* Glitchy Kill moves animations that don't sync with the enemy and the player
* Missions that cannot be completed, they give you a waypoint and when get there, nothing happens
* Randomly dying when jumping from car to car in some action scenes
* Gang members AI just standing there doing nothing while in the middle of a shootout
* Enemies that glow blue for the player to perform the kill move, but nothing happens when you input the command
* Rendering randomly stops working while driving, making you stop instantly between rendered/non rendered area. You can still get out of your car, jump and do other actions without actually moving, like stuck between invisible walls. After like a minute or two the game completely stops responding and will crash the game.

Holy Sh*t! You don't even know what will hapen next in regards to glitches. I didn't want to believe all the reviews and streamers that had actual video proof of all the technical issues. But yeah, the more you play the more the game breaks. I am starting to feel this is as bad or worse than Cyberpunk 2077. It really feels unfinished, playable but at the same time nearly broken. This is kinda sad, because i initially thought it wasn't as bad as all the Youtubers were saying. But it is just as wacky as all those videos.

I just finished the Train Heist and the gang decided to have a pointless and dumb money fight. I don't even know how long is the campaign in total, but geesh... i mean was kinda having fun thinking "it isn't that bad, i am kinda having fun" but then the game decided to show it's true self. Some of the glitches are just hilarious and unexpected, but others not so much as i lost like 10-20 minutes of gameplay twice already. Which isn't funny... The game really needeed at least 8 extra months of development. I can't belive they release in this state. I mean i am kinda heart broken, i knew the story was going to suck balls since the reveal trailer and the developer interviews, but i was giving it a chance and even wanted to play it just to explore the new Map.

Last edited:
Yeah, I've seen cars randomly go hurdling through the air for no reason. Even happened with my characters. I mean, sure it's funny but I don't think that's what was supposed to happen.

Yeah, I've seen cars randomly go hurdling through the air for no reason. Even happened with my characters. I mean, sure it's funny but I don't think that's what was supposed to happen.

The only times that's happened to me was when the car drove over a fire hydrant or when new enemies spawn during notoriety and they just ram through parked cars in the road at Mach 5.

The only times that's happened to me was when the car drove over a fire hydrant or when new enemies spawn during notoriety and they just ram through parked cars in the road at Mach 5.
Also the Infinite Mass the pursuers have. The Panteros bikes easily annihilates a bus or a semi if it happens to be on the way

That's hiliarous, I haven't seen it with the bikes yet. I just laugh my ass off everytime I have a fight with some enemies, and suddenly another enemy car just speeds by, giving no fucks at all, and blasts all the enemies I was fighting into oblivion. It's especially funny when you are sniping them and suddenly the car erases them in a split second. And I did have it happen a few times that they arrive on bikes at high speeds, and then run into a little wall and get launched off the bike. This used to happen to the Ronin in SR2 all the time.

That is a bit annoying that police SUV will appear when you are nitro boosting to knock you off course and make you miss your jump escape.

That's hiliarous, I haven't seen it with the bikes yet. I just laugh my ass off everytime I have a fight with some enemies, and suddenly another enemy car just speeds by, giving no fucks at all, and blasts all the enemies I was fighting into oblivion. It's especially funny when you are sniping them and suddenly the car erases them in a split second. And I did have it happen a few times that they arrive on bikes at high speeds, and then run into a little wall and get launched off the bike. This used to happen to the Ronin in SR2 all the time.

Several times when just driving around and since doing very narrow turns is super hard, i end up getting on the sidewalks and almost hitting peds or gang members, i can seem them jump out of the way and several seconds later they always go aggro and even manage to catch up with me no matter how fast or how much distance advantage i have, then i can see the glowing red dot in the mini map just going insanely fast trying to ram me... i don't even know where or how they get the damn car it's quite insane lol

Back