SPOILERS Was this an acceptable release?

Thoughts on state of release?

• Acceptable release

• Needed some polishing

• Very unfinished

• No opinion / haven't played

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
There has been a lot of discussion about the direction the series has gone, the writing, and changes in gameplay, etc, but I'd moreso like to hear everyone's thoughts on the state of release, detached from those aspects. Do you think it is really unfinished, like the reviews say? How bad have the bugs and optimization been (in your experience)? Does the world feel lifeless to you? Did they make a mistake by releasing the game too early?

All thoughts welcome. I haven't had the chance to play the game yet, but I've heard concerning things along these lines.

Overall, the game doesn't feel "lifeless". Tho, there are some stuff that feel like they were made in a rush. Optimization is actually quite bad, especially on DX12. Sometimes the game seems like it can't keep up with my pace, if I do something too fast, the game just starts to go all over the place (tho might be just me).

This said, yeah the game was released too early. Plus, I believe it shouldn't wear the "Saints Row" title. The only SR stuff there is might be just the name. However, it is overall a good game, although I don't find it as good as the older ones, probably because the studio wanted to make something different; kinda like a "parallel universe game".

But aye, play the game and make your own opinion of it. I'm hoping they'll add new stuff in each updates and not abandon the game like a lot of studios do.

Don't get me wrong, I am enjoying it for what it is and yet I feel it is incomplete. It's missing things like robbing stores, mugging people, and recruiting unnamed saints off the street.

I can live with the bugs being in on release, but IMO the game seems empty as hell and incredibly repetitive. Hence why I voted "Very unfinished". They can patch the bugs, but they can't patch the main characters into being anything but college losers that don't seem to fit into a gang at all. They can't patch in better missions. They can't patch away the repetition.

I mean, they can. No Man's Sky did it. But Volition won't. We know that by experience from Agents of Mayhem. That game, too, was very repetitive and disappointing in many ways. Which is a pity, because I actually loved the idea of AoM. It not having co-op I think was pretty detrimental to the sales. And not to mention the fact that I had no idea what it was judging by the trailers. It looked literally like Fortnite except co-op. And it wasn't co-op.

Oh well. Better luck next time guys.

To be fair, this game has more legitimacy over the "Saints Row" title than SR4 and GooH. In this one at least you fight gangs...
Question is though. Do you want a Saints Row game? Or do you want a fun, polished game? I played Saints Row 4 on release and I don't think I had a single game breaking bug, even in co-op. And I thought it was pretty fun too. It didn't break down on me every 5 seconds and I thought the humor was pretty good.

Saints Row 5 is a mess in so many ways that can't be patched out later. But yeah, it feels like a Saints Row game. A Saints Row 1.5 type of game.

I mean, I like the game. I like how the city feels more alive and vibrant than Steelport. It's no Stilwater, but there is life. I am growing fond of the trio in a 'hey, they're not too bad' kind of way. Honestly, they feel more like a splinter group. And yeah, you're actually fighting street gangs this time instead of aliens or demons. As hilarious as it was to have Zinkyak, an alien warlord, be obsessed with Shakespeare, or have Satan break into a Disney-esque musical about his evil plans... It wasn't Saints Row.

But there's another part of me that thinks this isn't Saints Row. It feels more like an independent IP borrowing heavily from Saints Row which is perfectly fine.

Come to think of it, Eli said it himself: "We need to be more than a street gang -- we need to be an institution." In other words, a criminal business empire. Hell, even the mafia is about it these days. I watch a YouTube channel run by a former mob guy (Michael Franzese) and he more or less illustrates that while the mob is still around, the days of Al Capone and all-out shooting wars in the streets are long gone.

Perhaps the same is true here? Criminals evolve if they want to not get caught. They'll do whatever it takes, even dropping old habits.

Question is though. Do you want a Saints Row game? Or do you want a fun, polished game? I played Saints Row 4 on release and I don't think I had a single game breaking bug, even in co-op. And I thought it was pretty fun too. It didn't break down on me every 5 seconds and I thought the humor was pretty good.

Saints Row 5 is a mess in so many ways that can't be patched out later. But yeah, it feels like a Saints Row game. A Saints Row 1.5 type of game.
SRR its not 5 geez reboot doesnt count out like dmc series... Same goes with DmC

I will, however, say that it’s weird how I can’t rob anyone in gameplay. I go into the Buckaroo store, pointed a gun at the shopkeeper and she — I shit you not — just goes ‘huh?’ And just stands there. While I have a gun at her face. Not even a flinch. I leave, return, pull out a rocket launcher and she…doesn’t even seem aware of it.

I mean, this is supposed to be a open-world crime sandbox right?

Back