VIPER'S Default Tutorial Disabler

Idol Ninja has done a great job with the programming and I have learned a lot from him:).
This mod can be added to any mods:).
I have disabled the tutorial by default. If you are using other mods that use the patch_vint_doc_containers.asm_pc or the vint_doc_containers.asm_pc files, no worries, I have included an asm updater to update the asm_pc files. Copy all files including the entire asm updater folder to local disk c/program files/steam/steam apps/common/saints row the third. Then open the asm updater folder and run the top windows batch file that says update after changes or addition and a small windows command prompt will come up and update all asm_pc files in your main directory. If you are using sandbox, open the sr3city.lua with notepad++ and remove this line under sr3citymain that says: tutorial_suspend_all (true) as it will contradict this file and turn the freeroam tutorial back on. I am supplying notepad++ for anyone who does not have it. Any problems with this or questions, simply reply and I will help you fix it. I got tired of all the tutorial popups and decided to remove them by default. I am using this in conjunction with mission replay and fan of saints hud port and it works perfectly. If you are using sandbox, you must use the sr3city.lua from sandbox and edit the file manualy as it has extra things that make sandbox work properly.

Attachments

• Totorial Disabler.rar
    1 MB · Views: 673
  • npp.6.7.7.Installer.exe
    7.9 MB · Views: 877
This is tutorial disabler update 1. Removed mission hints as well as freeroam. No longer shows press y to store vehicles or aircraft. Install instructions the same as above.
Screenshot4478.jpg

Attachments

• Tutorial Disabler Update 1.rar
    1 MB · Views: 534
This is tutorial disabler with mission replay no forced outfit. All tutorial popups have been fully disabled in freeroam, missions, and including dlc mission 0ne. I have been able to disable all tutorials period within the game. Many thanks to Idol Ninja for letting me include his work and modify it, i have dissabled the tutorial by default. Mission one perameters have been modified to upgrade all weapons to level 4, duel wield and npc now drop grenades. I was able to disable the tutorial for the fine aim and camera zoom in mission one. I removed the glitch of the game spilling out the tutorial all at once while using the reaper drone in mission 3 and the dlc missions. This is fully compatible and includes all files from mission replay with no forced outfit changes and fully updated. If you are using sandbox, you must use the sr3city lua file from sandbox and edit the file with notpad++ or equivelent and remove the line that says: tutorial_suspend_all (true) or it turns the tutorial back on. Any issues with this please notify me immediatly and i will help you fix it. The only way i could disable the tutorial by default was to edit the first 2 missions and the tutorial.str2_pc manualy and told the game there were no more tutorials to display and not to check for more. I have fully tested this to the entire end of the game including dlc missions and found no glitches. If it is not updated properly you have game crashes at mission one when starting new game. So if you find any issues please notify me. I have done this so we can play the game in peace without annoying popups that cover half the screen.

Attachments

• Tutorial Disabler Mission Replay No Forced Outfit.rar
    2.2 MB · Views: 570
Last edited:
Hello, im liking your work so far, so thank you for the time youve given to the community!
I have a question, i am running : things to do in steelport - family edition, and i was wondering if this was A) compatible with it and B) is there anything i have to tinker with to make it work.
Thanks for your time,
azzy.
No i don't think you should have a problem since i combined it to be compatible with mission replay. If not mistaken, i think i included mission replay with it so it worked with other mods. Any problems feel free to let me know and i will do what i can.

OPk another quick question, copying the mod into the srtt dir, it wants to overwrite:
patch_vint_doc_containers.asm_pc
sr3_city..ua
store_crib.str2_pc
stream_grid.asm_pc
vint_doc_containers.asm_pc

so do i overwrite these files then run the asm updater or skip overwriting these files and run the asm updater?

Thanks for your replys,
azzy.

OPk another quick question, copying the mod into the srtt dir, it wants to overwrite:
patch_vint_doc_containers.asm_pc
sr3_city..ua
store_crib.str2_pc
stream_grid.asm_pc
vint_doc_containers.asm_pc

so do i overwrite these files then run the asm updater or skip overwriting these files and run the asm updater?

Thanks for your replys,
azzy.
Overwrite all except sr3city.lua if using with the other mod(reccomend just moving your files into folder on desktop for backup). Then update the asm. Any problems i get back to you soon as possible, long day going bed lol. I just got new laptop, my old one died few months ago so been a while since i been on here.

Well thanks for your help, i havae copied everything except sr3_city.lua (went to edit that file but there was no sr3citymain section not a tutorial_suspend_all (true) under it.
There waas a tutorial_susped_all (true) at line 946.
However im leaving that alone and trying a new game.
I shal lupdate this thread with results.
Thanks for your time, have a good sleep and grats on the new laptop!

*edit 1* ok the new game started me off with the beginning cutscene and then started the raid on the bank.
im going to edit the sr3_city.lua and comment out the line at 946.

*edit2* lol im a doofas. I thought this was for removing the tutorial missions (ie start at the first crib without having to do the bank heist, guard armoury etc).
:oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops:

Last edited:
Well thanks for your help, i havae copied everything except sr3_city.lua (went to edit that file but there was no sr3citymain section not a tutorial_suspend_all (true) under it.
There waas a tutorial_susped_all (true) at line 946.
However im leaving that alone and trying a new game.
I shal lupdate this thread with results.
Thanks for your time, have a good sleep and grats on the new laptop!

*edit 1* ok the new game started me off with the beginning cutscene and then started the raid on the bank.
im going to edit the sr3_city.lua and comment out the line at 946.
The bank it refuses to remove some tutorial lines but the rest of the game past that you won't see any. If you do you may need to use my sr3city.lua for it to work correctly. Let me know so i can update if neccessary.

Back