Unexplainable Crashing.

Good news for crash bugs. I just finished working with Valve creating a new crash reporting mechanism that should make threads about hard crashes unnecessary and also make it infinitely easier for us to track and fix these crashes. I'm trying to slip this in to the next build and I think it will make it.

Did I copy the right thing for you here?:oops:

I was talking in another thread about it earlier, I'm crashing in the same place all the time.

Attachments

• Documentcrash.rtf
    8.2 KB · Views: 413
My game crashed during Miller Space originally during the bike section, and then everytime after that in the top-down tank section. I wasn't able to get a crash report, but I may have a few interesting details to add: this didn't happen during my first playthough (currently on my second, both of which happened after your latest patch last Friday), when it was crashing during the tank section it was when I missed (stray shot from me flies off the screen and then it crashed), and a friend of mine who does programming said it may be because of a memory access violation or data overflow, and recommended that I disable CPUs 2 and 3 from SaintsRowIV.exe's affinity in the Task Manager for only that mission(I have a quadcore CPU). Well, I only allow CPUs 0 and 1 to stay active in SRIV's affinity, and I got through Miller Space without a hitch, then right after I re-enabled CPUs 2 and 3, finished Zero Cool and even completed Anomalous Readings and Back By Popular Demand and some side activities in the middle without any issues. Seems to me there's something screwing up in Miller Space specifically with multicore processors, but since I got through the entire game without this kind of constant crash beforehand, I don't know what.

I've been getting constant crashes despite trying a bunch of things forums have said and it's always to do with Inauguration Station not working despite it not being in my library at all anymore.

Faulting application name: SaintsRowIV.exe, version: 1.0.0.1, time stamp: 0x521e7b6e
Faulting module name: SaintsRowIV.exe, version: 1.0.0.1, time stamp: 0x521e7b6e
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0047d4d3
Faulting process id: 0xd68
Faulting application start time: 0x01ceaf664259818d
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Saints Row IV\SaintsRowIV.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Saints Row IV\SaintsRowIV.exe
Report Id: 1575edee-1b5a-11e3-8a71-48022a072855

That's the most recent Event Viewer thingie, I have several more with the same exception code.

Faulting application name: SaintsRowIV.exe, version: 1.0.0.1, time stamp: 0x521e7b6e
Fault offset: 0x0047d4d3
Faulting process id: 0x1470
Faulting application start time: 0x01ceaf6097577e07
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Saints Row IV\SaintsRowIV.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Saints Row IV\SaintsRowIV.exe
Report Id: cb8c9bec-1b57-11e3-8a71-48022a072855

Fault offset: 0x0082f54e
Faulting process id: 0xcd4
Faulting application start time: 0x01ceaf5d73ebf894
Report Id: 786385a1-1b52-11e3-8a71-48022a072855

Like that. This is so crazy irritating as I'm in Australia so I had to wait until literally today to play and naturally shit don't work. As to where in the game these crashes are happening, seemingly anywhere and everywhere, from the very start. When you run out onto the guns at the white house, when I was trying to buy a gun, on loading screens, etc. All of this was in co-op by the way, not being the host.

Last edited:
The game consistently crashes regardless of amount played during the bike sequence of rescuing Matt, its not always at the same point of the bike sequence but it generally crashes after the Macbeth speech.

heres several crash reports
Code:
Faulting application name: SaintsRowIV.exe, version: 1.0.0.1, time stamp: 0x521e7af8
Faulting module name: SaintsRowIV.exe, version: 1.0.0.1, time stamp: 0x521e7af8
Fault offset: 0x007befa7
Faulting process id: 0x2284
Faulting application start time: 0x01ceaf5e2323afa2
Faulting application path: D:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Saints Row IV\SaintsRowIV.exe
Faulting module path: D:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Saints Row IV\SaintsRowIV.exe

Code:
Faulting application name: SaintsRowIV.exe, version: 1.0.0.1, time stamp: 0x521e7af8
Faulting process id: 0x2634
Faulting application start time: 0x01ceaf5afb142e26
Faulting application path: D:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Saints Row IV\SaintsRowIV.exe
Faulting module path: D:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Saints Row IV\SaintsRowIV.exe

Code:
Fault offset: 0x00d72706
Faulting process id: 0x242c
Faulting application start time: 0x01ceaf42aee9a150

Code:
Faulting process id: 0x484
Faulting application start time: 0x01ceaf29d1e14284

Attachments

• msinfo32.txt
    10.3 MB · Views: 1,736
Last edited:
I too have encountered randomly crashing and this is how I fixed it.

If you're running Nvidia, I suggest a non-BETA driver and configuring your 3D settings through the Nvidia Control Panel. I recently started to encounter these crashes due to Nvidia updating without my permission or I don't remember updating.. After a clean install of my drivers, installing a "full" stable driver(320.49), I haven't encountered crashes.

Also in my case, I have to run as an Administrator since I'm running on Windows 7 Ultimate (64-bit)

Despite having a GTX 680, I've had to set-up my 3D settings like so(see attached image) due to random FPS drops that would last a few minutes which is fairly odd(I don't know if this is the case for anyone else..) but I assume it's because of AMD originally being supported for the game first(?)..

I still run at 1280x720 on ULTRA.

Every computer is different, I realize that but thought I'd share my story and how I fixed it.

EDIT: I realized after I posted this I forgot to change my power management mode to Maximum Performance for Saints Row IV. I have it at this this setting for ALL my games due to some weird fuck-up with the graphics card. (I have the ASUS GTX 680 4GB btw)

Attachments

• SaintsRowIVSettings.png
    SaintsRowIVSettings.png
    59.8 KB · Views: 679
I pre-ordered SR4 and played sporadically from day 1. Probably got 23 hours of just random gameplay and many missions before ever getting a crash. Maybe one but I dont recall. Then the patch hit for weapon fixes or some bug I never saw and now I get constant freezing, not crashing. Its totally sporadic and unrelated to anything game oriented as it happens in and out of missions or actions. Even if I let the game sit idle for a while it will crash. Usually I could play for 45 minutes up to an hour before the freeze would hit. When it freezes I cannot move but the audio keeps playing. I have to CTRL-ALT-DEL out and force close the app. Because of this no crash actually logs. My system thinks the program is running fine. Like with SR3 I figured a BIOS update was needed and I updated all my other drivers. Nothing helped.

So after a little research I went back in, played the game in windowed mode and got a couple hours in in one session before it froze. Went right back in the game and it froze again in a similar location this time about 15 minutes of gameplay. So I tried something else. Windowed borderless, graphics on low, and turned off the core affinity for cores 2 and 3 in task manager. Again, the game played for close to 3 hours with no freeze until I went to bed. Came home from work today, fired up SR4 with the same settings and this time it froze within 10 minutes BUT this time it actually did crash.

The program SaintsRowIV.exe version 1.0.0.1 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Action Center control panel.
Process ID: 1758
Start Time: 01ceb1999e094d2f
Termination Time: 338
Application Path: E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Saints Row IV\SaintsRowIV.exe
Report Id: 32b8ad2e-1d8e-11e3-be77-5404a62f6192
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

The pop up was the Inauguration Station error which I had never seen before today and I have 30+ hours in this game. Not really sure what course of action I have here. Either have to wait for devs to patch again or roll back drivers, etc.

System:
AMD FX-4100 Quad
ASUS M5A97 Mobo
Radeon 7850 2GB GPU
16 GB DDR3 1300 Ram
Sound Blaster Z audio
Windows 8 Pro OS on RAID 0 (Dual 120 GB SSD's)
Steam and SR4 run from E: drive.

Also I installed from the Steam pre-sale install option if that helps or not.

Volition has an official forum.
You can find it here: http://saintsrow.com/community/forum/viewboard
Deep Silver has an official tech-support page.
You can find it here: http://www.deepsilver.com/us/support/

Neither The STEAM forums NOR Saintsrowmods.com are official means of contacting Volition or Deep Silver for tech-support or any kind of official news about patches.

I'm sorry you are not getting the information you desire, but THIS is not the place to get it.

*EDIT*
This message is a reply to a post that has since been deleted, however the message still applies.

This forum is not the place to expect any sort of official tech-support or news. This forum is for the Modding and as such, Volition is providing their assistance ON THEIR OWN TIME.

Any questions that require an answer in any type of official response should be directed to the Official forums linked above.

Last edited:
My games keeps crashing after the AMD sequence. I have removed all mods and even reinstalled the game. Game ran fine if I switched to windowed mode before the AMD sequence.
The MDMP and msinfo32 files are attached. I couldn't find anything in the event viewer that was recent.

Edit: Updating my Nvidia graphic drivers seemed to fix the problem.

Attachments

• PC Info.txt
    539.9 KB · Views: 647
  • saintsrowiv_1102680_crash_2013_9_18T6_41_34C0.mdmp
    72.9 KB · Views: 438
Last edited:
Back