Unable to start the game

Anyone experiencing same thing? game works fine and smooth in DX11 mode.
*) Edit: does the same with DX11, I just didn't notice at the time.

1661238159718.png

Last edited:
Yeah I'm having the same thing. Before I'd been able to keep trying then it'd load, now though it doesn't want to work at all. Hopefully something is done about it shortly.

One thing that seems to work fairly well for me is clearing all cookies/temp files with ccleaner, starting firefox and going to Saints Row page on the store, log into account, accept cookies and the mature warning, then try starting the game up.

I don't know how that's actualy working at all but I'm regularly getting the game started doing that. You'd think that the epic launcher alone would be fine, but maybe it's recognising that I've logged in to the store on a browser for some reason and then the game starts.

I really hope they get it sorted out soon though because it's stupid obviously.

I think you're right, it has something to do with the online system.

One thing that seems to work fairly well for me is clearing all cookies/temp files with ccleaner, starting firefox and going to Saints Row page on the store, log into account, accept cookies and the mature warning, then try starting the game up.

I don't know how that's actualy working at all but I'm regularly getting the game started doing that. You'd think that the epic launcher alone would be fine, but maybe it's recognising that I've logged in to the store on a browser for some reason and then the game starts.

I really hope they get it sorted out soon though because it's stupid obviously.

Last edited:
For what it's worth, I get the same error on both DX11 and DX12. On both, first time I tried launching, Norton's asked me to allow the file to connect out to the internet, which I did. I did get the DX12 game working once, by unplugging a USB that I had on the machine, but that 'fix' only worked once. I even tried plugging the USB back in, ejecting it, then running DX12 again to see if this is the fix - no dice.

I've been waiting 8 months for this experience; pre-purchased long before the game was due. Very disappointed in Volition and Deep Silver right now. It seems like the very least they could do is release a game that can actually launch after so long a wait.

Not happy.

Well, I ended up just keep trying to start the game without doing anything and it actually works after few tries, which is silly and I don't even know what causes it. And yeah, same result for both DX11 and DX12.

Looks like they've fixed this now with the latest patch. Great if so because I thought it could be a problem with epic games that could take weeks or worse to fix. The last two times I just tried opening the game from desktop it went first time anyway so hopefully that's out of the way.

Looks like they've fixed this now with the latest patch. Great if so because I thought it could be a problem with epic games that could take weeks or worse to fix. The last two times I just tried opening the game from desktop it went first time anyway so hopefully that's out of the way.
Yes! just finished downloading latest patch and the problem was fixed, can start the game without problem now, and I think they improved texture quality as well. kudos!

Back